“Good meal; Good deal!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Reviewed September 1, 2013

For $23; we had a pleasant salad, a well cooked steak with loads of freshly prepared vegetables and unlimited frites, which were tasty...prepared in house, I'm sure. The service was friendly and unhurried, even though there was a line up.

There are newer reviews for Steak Frites

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We found Montreal very expensive for dining out ( and everything else or that matter)!

This little restaurant was a lucky find as the food was really tasty and we old enjoy a really good bottle of Chablis that only cost us £18 in the local supermarket.

For 60$ for two we had:-
Dressed salad and hot bread to start
Steak, green beans and cherry tomatoes.
Unlimited frites
Profiteroles - large portion
Taxes

It was delicious and such good value.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

This had been recommended to me but I was so disappointed not only by the fact that I had to wait 45 minutes before my meal came although they weren't busy at all .I have to say the fries were good but I'd gone for the steak which was lacking in flavor.
Don't think I'll go back.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

First experience of a restaurant where you bring your own wine. We both ordered steak, you are also given a "free" salad in between the starter and the main course. Steak was ok, my partner ordered a finer cut of beef, but not sure if it was worth it.

No problem eating here again.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We dined at Steak Frites because it was right around the corner from our hotel, and also because we wanted steak frites! while in Montreal. This is a chain restaurant, and we ate at the location on St-Antoine.

Sadly, were were not very impressed. Of course, the steak is the main part of the meal here, and it really lacked any flavor at all. The frites, however, were very good. Hot and crisp, with just the right amount of salt. The meals come with a simple butter leaf salad with a creamy garlic dressing. The bread served with the meal was also very good. We started with the fried calamari appetizer, and it was also good, although it is a small portion. However, since the meals come with a salad, it is still a sufficient amount to share. We did not sample a dessert.

Service was acceptable, but not very friendly. I guess I would call it perfunctory. They have a BYOB policy.

I would like to have rated this restaurant higher, but the steak was really a disappointment.