“Interesting” 4 of 5 bubbles

Local Montreal Food Tours
Ranked #1 of 23 Food & Drink in Montreal
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Montreal Food Tours. Enjoy Montreal's most delicious local food on a Montreal Tour through the Mile End district. The Mile-end is famed for it's gastronomical diversity. It also happens to be the best place to eat montreal food specialities and discover the fine products of Quebec's terroir. Private group tours are also available. The guided Food Tours include mouth-watering food samples, enough for a large lunch, from unique specialty food stores, local restaurants and ethnic eateries while providing a detailed insiders view of Montreal's most famous communities- their rich histories, treasured architecture, dazzling entertainment offerings and restaurant recommendations. Tours run 6 days a week between May and october. The earliest departure time leaves at 11am and depending on the tour will last between 2-3 hours.
Connecticut
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Interesting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

We took the Food Tour of the Mile End area of Montreal and it was very interesting. We ate various types of food, from bagels to Tomato sauce, from tea to Greek pastries and a great ending with chocolate. Our guide was fun and entertaining.

New York, NY
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great Time had by All”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

I was on the tour with another reviewer JonTon102 although we don't know each other I read his review and agree with everything he said. The 3 microbreweries we went on the tour were awesome. We tried some great local beers and were introduced to some great bars. We also sampled warm brie in maple syrup and it was delicious. Phillppe our guide was awesome and his English was superb even though you can tell French is his first language. He was knowledgeable about beer as well as Montreal itself. I really enjoyed meeting his friends after the tour and discussing the Olympics and politics and getting the Canadian perspective on things. I highly recommend this tour!

Marlboro, New Jersey
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“A warm experience in cold weather!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

I originally cancelled because the airlines cancelled my flight, so I emailed Local Montréal Tours explaining my situation. Then, last minute we decided to drive and arrived in time for the tour. I called the office and they were very accommodating to the change.

We arrived at L'Amère à Boire and so began a great, fun tour. Philip was our guide. He did a spectacular job keeping it interesting and engaging. We learned a lot about local history and got a good sense to what makes Montreal special. We hung out a bit after the tour and got to meet some of Philip's friends. They were a very friendly, intelligent, respectful and warm bunch of people -- the kind you can talk to for hours and feel like it was only minutes. I would highly recommend this tour to my own friends and family. I might even do it again when I return!

1 Thank JonTon102
Vancouver, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Tasty Sample of Montreal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

I am not a fan of beer but I highly enjoyed this tour.

The guide was well educated on the subject. I learned about more than just Beer during this tour. Montreal is a special city and this tour helped me recognize that.

1 Thank TravelBugGecko
Chicago, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Mile End Tour Definitely Worth Doing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

This tour gave us a great insight into the Mile End neighborhood with lots of history and great food.
We started out at an Eco-friendly restaurant and had some superb felafel. Then we moved onto a Butchers/Cheese Deli where we learned about Quebec cheese and meat (delicious!). We also had the best bagels of our lives, some Greek food and visited a chocolate shop. The tour finished up at an Italian coffee bar.
Our guide was friendly and took us to some historical locations such as the Rialto theater (what a hidden gem!) and also made recommendations on where to visit after the tour ended.

Definitely worth doing!