“Engaging trip guides”

Local Montreal Food Tours
Ranked #1 of 24 Food & Drink in Montreal
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Local Montreal Tours offers exciting tours that explore the coolest neighbourhoods in Montreal. We invite you to experience each neighbourhood through a series of delicious food tastings of only the best of Montreal’s classic food institutions as well as the new, hip eateries. Get to know the history behind the food, the landmarks, the architecture, and the art with your local guide who relays the fascinating historical and cultural stories of the city. We’ve selected the best food, stories, and things to see in our vibrant neighbourhoods. Whether you choose a tour of the Mile End, the Plateau, or Old Montreal, we guarantee that you’ll have a fun, memorable experience!
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We randomly walked into Ismael's free Vieux Montreal tour on Place d'Armes after a night of partying in Le Plateau. He and Frederik made our day with great stories and nice conversations (the sunshine helped as well). Heartily recommended!

There are newer reviews for Local Montreal Food Tours

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Not being a big fan of tours normally, I was totally impressed by this jean-talon market tour.

From the first minutes our friendly guide Jérémy led us in this atmosphere eco-bio-local flavored by the smiling typical quebecois traders of the Jean Talon Market. Perfect for these cold gray days.

We let ourselves naturally transported by the multitude of flavors, textures and colors. Starting with this man who makes awesome crêpe filled with vegetables and cheese, then the baker and butcher, after this woman who sells huge, massive, big pumpkins, to eat afterwards three differents sorts of cheeses accompanied by ice cider. To top it all, the best dessert, cannolis in Little Italy.

The tour that makes you feel in the right place at the right time!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

As a first timer of MTL, I wanted to find a way to explore the city in a break for the norm. And so with that in mind, I found this tour company. Offering a number of walking tours including MTL art and one in Vieux Montréal, they offer an interesting view of the city. Couple with engaging tour guides such as Ismael, I highly recommend this to visitors new and old to the city.

1  Thank Joon W
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I brought a group of customers to Montreal and wanted to show them a different side of the city ( having already done the fine dining, shopping and nightclub scene). This tour was perfect! Phil was wonderful as a guide; informed, relaxed and passionate. The beer samples were plentiful and the Brie snack delightful. We all learned some new facts about beer and some interesting tidbits about Montreal and why it is described as the city of "Joie de Vivre". The Plateau area was beautiful with many interesting restaurants, shops and nightclubs for visiting either before or after the tour.

1  Thank Heather C
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I joined the Broue Pubs Tour this afternoon and I really enjoyed it. Our guide was really knowledgeable and interesting and I have to say that even as a Montrealer I learned new things about my city like the difference between a Brew pub and a microbrewery.

Nice way to spend an afternoon and meet some fun people. Cheers! Santé! I would definitely try some of the other Local Montreal tours, especially a foodie tour, if they offer one eventually.

1  Thank Indigonat