“My belly wishes to thank you Local Montreal Tours !!”

Local Montreal Food Tours
Ranked #1 of 24 Food & Drink in Montreal
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Local Montreal Tours offers exciting tours that explore the coolest neighbourhoods in Montreal. We invite you to experience each neighbourhood through a series of delicious food tastings of only the best of Montreal’s classic food institutions as well as the new, hip eateries. Get to know the history behind the food, the landmarks, the architecture, and the art with your local guide who relays the fascinating historical and cultural stories of the city. We’ve selected the best food, stories, and things to see in our vibrant neighbourhoods. Whether you choose a tour of the Mile End, the Plateau, or Old Montreal, we guarantee that you’ll have a fun, memorable experience!
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My belly wishes to thank you Local Montreal Tours !!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Not being a big fan of tours normally, I was totally impressed by this jean-talon market tour.

From the first minutes our friendly guide Jérémy led us in this atmosphere eco-bio-local flavored by the smiling typical quebecois traders of the Jean Talon Market. Perfect for these cold gray days.

We let ourselves naturally transported by the multitude of flavors, textures and colors. Starting with this man who makes awesome crêpe filled with vegetables and cheese, then the baker and butcher, after this woman who sells huge, massive, big pumpkins, to eat afterwards three differents sorts of cheeses accompanied by ice cider. To top it all, the best dessert, cannolis in Little Italy.

The tour that makes you feel in the right place at the right time!

Visited November 2012

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A different way to explore MTL”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

As a first timer of MTL, I wanted to find a way to explore the city in a break for the norm. And so with that in mind, I found this tour company. Offering a number of walking tours including MTL art and one in Vieux Montréal, they offer an interesting view of the city. Couple with engaging tour guides such as Ismael, I highly recommend this to visitors new and old to the city.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Joon W
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Something different , something great!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I brought a group of customers to Montreal and wanted to show them a different side of the city ( having already done the fine dining, shopping and nightclub scene). This tour was perfect! Phil was wonderful as a guide; informed, relaxed and passionate. The beer samples were plentiful and the Brie snack delightful. We all learned some new facts about beer and some interesting tidbits about Montreal and why it is described as the city of "Joie de Vivre". The Plateau area was beautiful with many interesting restaurants, shops and nightclubs for visiting either before or after the tour.

1 Thank Heather C
Montreal
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Broue Pubs / Montreal Brewpubs experience”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I joined the Broue Pubs Tour this afternoon and I really enjoyed it. Our guide was really knowledgeable and interesting and I have to say that even as a Montrealer I learned new things about my city like the difference between a Brew pub and a microbrewery.

Nice way to spend an afternoon and meet some fun people. Cheers! Santé! I would definitely try some of the other Local Montreal tours, especially a foodie tour, if they offer one eventually.

1 Thank Indigonat
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Learning Montreal's history with a few beers”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I screwed up on my husband's birthday so I thought this tour would be a one way to make it up to him. We had an amazing time going to different brewpubs and learning about the history of Montreal at the same time. I'm not a big beer drinker, but our tour guide, Phil, really helped us learn how to enjoy different types of beers. The snacks that were provided were also really good. Overall, it was an amazing experience and toward the end of the tour everyone was in a really good mood. The next day, my husband and I actually went back to one of the brewpubs.

3 Thank JL25_12