“Good food--soso service”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This small bistro was recommended by the concierge at the Hilton Garden Inn on Sherbrooke St in Montreal. My wife and I arrived at 6 p.m. and easily found a table, altho when we left about 7:45 the small place was packed with noisy, happy young people. No problem; just don't count on any intimate conversation when dining there.
The high point was the food. It was excellent! Everything, including salads, was Farmers' Market fresh and home-made. My wife had lasagne and I had ravioli stuffed with ricotta cheese and topped with a delicious veal/tomato sauce. It was the best I had ever tasted. Roberto, the owner, served us personally, and we had a nice chat while waiting a long time (45 minutes) for our order. In summary, great food, but this bistro needs more space and more help.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stumbled into this place at random and glad that we did. Lasagne was of a high quality and the pizza which my wife ordered really hit the mark. Service was excellent, and wish I had more cash to tip more.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We visited on a Sunday night at 8pm and there was one poor waitress run off her feet. That meant that the service left something to be desired. This, added to the fact that the first three things I asked for (including the dish I went for) were sold out, made for a not particularily stellar visit, but the saving grace was the manacotti was delicious. I recommend the food, and hope that the staffing and supply situation is better when you go.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We went there with a coupon which offered a starter, a main course and a dessert each for $39.

For the starters, we went for the Buffala mozzarella plate with prosciutto but they told us they ran out of Buffala, so we chose the Caprese salad with tomato and boconccini (another type of mozzarella I guess).

The plate was quite small but enough for a starter, the ingredients were fresh and the dressing was excellent.

For the main course, we both had a pasta dish (Manicotti arrabbiati al forno and Agnolotti con burro di salva) and they were really tasty. The portions were quite big as well.

The dessert was one canolli per person, which was enough considering we had already eaten too much!

They also have a good selection of Italian wines by the glass.

The service was nice, we were not rushed at all (which I hate) and we had a nice table by the window - it was a lovely evening.

I would definitely recommend this place, it does not top up my favorite Italian restaurant in Montreal but it very good nevertheless.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

A good quality Italian style resaurant. Pasta (home made), pizza and a variety of main courses.
Prices are reasonable and the service was good.

1  Thank php5