“Never Brave Enough to Try Tartare Before”

Marche 27 Tartare Bar
Ranked #461 of 5,772 Restaurants in Montreal
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Description: Open in 2007, Marché 27 is the first tartare bar in the world. Serving raw proteins from Salmon, Tuna, Beef, Hamachi, Duck, etc...
Charleston, South Carolina
“Never Brave Enough to Try Tartare Before”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

My daughter's student friends brought us here and finally took the plunge to try tarare. Ordered the duck with truffle & parmesan as I figured I eat duck almost raw anyway...and loved it. The smaller 100 gram portions were a great way to try tartare for the first time. And the drinks were so awesome they would wash anything down. We actually liked it so much we are planning on returning.

• Visited April 2012

Montreal
“Tartare heaven! Although some combos are a little weird...”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I am a tartare nut, so I was really really happy to be going to this place, despite reading some less than flattering comments about the service. I am fortunate to have had no bad experiences with the service. Our waitress was really polite and cheerful, and honest (she told us what NOT to order in this case).

We ordered the butternut squash salad, which was really nice, and the trial platter for $40 which has 5 meats with 5 different sauces. It was enough for both of us, actually we struggled to finish the last of it! The sauces are great, and the meat was really nice (up to this point I have never had raw veal or duck) but to be honest, I found the combination of some of the meats with their respective sauces to be a little weird. The red tuna with the Japanese seasoning was a no-brainer, but I'm not sure I would have chosen the salmon with the Thai seasoning, or any of the other combinations. I'm not saying it was bad, not AT ALL, but I feel there was that extra step that could have been taken by the chef to deign a combination of meat to seasoning that would have been more complementary.

However, I still recommend this platter as it's a great intro to what the restaurant has to offer. The ambiance is also laid back and fun! I'll definitely be back, but not with any vegetarian friends, that's for sure!

• Visited February 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“All sorts of tartare!”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Pick your protein, pick your style! Don't know what you want, they now offer tasting platters where you can have pre-selected tartares. I have been to this place since its inception and have seen the menu change, concept change, the decor change, but the tartare have always been fresh and consistent. The desserts are a hit or miss.

• Visited February 2012
Montréal
“Good concept Bad delivery”
Reviewed October 20, 2011

The concept of Marché 27 is all around from tartare. A good concept which never lift ground : with the discovery menu we had a selection of 5 tartares. Two were good the other 3 were not so great (salmon tartare had no taste). Fries were greasy. Service were so so (actually smiling service when we decided to to have wine because of the poor selection of wine by glasses). Let's no speak of the bathroom where you expect to be spic&span in a raw Meat restaurant. Overrated restaurant and very expensive for the values.

1 Thank Delide
Amserdam
“Not good enough”
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I decided to go there with my colleague, but our experience was not as good as we expected it to be. The food was Ok and the concept is pretty nice. However... the service really needs to be improved.

• Visited October 2011