“Don't bother trying to make a reservation, they won't respond!”
Review of Circos

Circos
Ranked #625 of 6,036 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Quartier des Spectacles
Cross street: Parc
Description: CIRCOS Café Resto-Bar is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our cuisine offers you a unique and upscale experience which reflects the cultural diversity of Montreal and it’s authentic flavours.
Reviewed February 6, 2013

OK, I haven't actually eaten at this establishment, but not for want of trying! I emailed them 4 times to enquire about Christmas dining and received no reply. I wondered if their link from their website was broken so I also emailed separately but still received no response. I even tried to email in French to see if that would help, and still nothing. It's very disappointing as I've been living next door to them at 400 Sherbrooke corporate apartments for 4 1/2 months and had hoped to use them, with the weather being so cold, and a direct link via elevator to the hotel, this would have been a great solution.

As I say, I cannot speak for the food as I've not eaten there but they should respond to reservation enquiries. It's rude.

Mathieu S, Owner at Circos, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear neighbor , I'm extremely disappointed of your experience and the fact you never came to see us next door especially we are accessible by the same elevator. However I hope we have the chance to serve you in the futur especially we are open from 6:30 am until midnight.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We have stayed here in the Hotel attached to this restaurant for 3 weeks now and have found the staff of the restaurant to be helpful, efficient and entertaining, with particular reference to Robert the excellent, friendly, entertaining manager, Mike the other excellent, friendly entertaining manager, Marie-Anne the lovely and attentive waitress, Audrey who is super-efficient and lovely when you get to know her, and Guido who is so entertaining as well as being an excellent, efficient and attentive waiter, is also an excellent comedian. We went to see him perform at the comedy club on more than one occasion.
The food is consistently excellent, especially the Salmon. Although one of the chefs has a tendency toward heavily salting his dishes, they all handled my dietary requirements very well, which is no mean feat as there are so many food categories that I need to avoid! If you want souffle, you need to order it 20 minutes in advance and my husband said it was well worth the wait!
Breakfast has a buffet of fresh fruit salad, yoghurt, cheeses, cold ham, cereals, toast. The cooked breakfast is an omelette with a choice of several fillings with fried potato chunks on the side. There is always lashings of coffee and an assortment of teas available.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

The food is very good and the service is excellent. I ate at the hotel twice for lunch and once for breakfast.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

The choice of restaurants in Montreal is quite exhaustive so I wasn't planning to stay at hotel to eat. But weather, which is also offering lots of choices every day in this city, kept me indoors and I ate at hotel. Well I guess they have to compete so they offer great selection. I had the lamb shank the 1st nite, which was out of this world. Found the wine selection quite impressive (was told by my friendly waiter that the director is also "sommelier", that's why!) Second time around I tried the seafood pasta; huge & fresh. Chocolat souffle is addictive! Everything was spotless and cozy, with Anita Baker singing in background.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Sorry LAF_20 but I disagree with your comment regarding the menu. I always eat at Circos because the menu has so much variety and a typical restaurant will change their menu once a year which is what Circos has done since they opened. They also offer the Chef Table d’Hote which changes almost twice a week. There is fresh fish (different every day) as well as Quebec lamb (My personal favourite). I am not sure why someone would think that this restaurant doesn’t change their menu when they have a different table d’hote every week!!!!
I eat at Circos every time I am in Montreal and the Chef does a great job with fresh products and typical Quebec meals that you don’t find everywhere.
The staff is great and very friendly. The breakfast menu is also delicious and they have a large selection of martini and tapas.
I recommend this restaurant to everyone (even if you are not staying in the hotel). They offer great food, great service, and a great environment to have a good meal.