“Great Chinese dumplings, fast service, inexpensive”
Review of Mai Xiang Yuan

Mai Xiang Yuan
Ranked #277 of 6,036 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Chinese
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Went for lunch. There was aline but it moved quickly because the service is so quick. A limited menu but you can get dumplings three ways -- boiled, pan-fried, or in soup. Worth a visit. Each order is 15 dumplings so go with a few others and share.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

During my brief one-night stay in Montreal this time (I'm a repeat visitor...I LOVE Montreal!), I wanted to sample something from Montreal's Chinatown. Earlier in the afternoon while walking about I scouted out some potential choices, and this place caught my attention with their dumpling offerings. (I had not pre-researched anywhere beforehand...this was just walk-around research.) As dinnertime approached, I returned here and found the place crowded, but since I was sol this trip I just decided to order my meal to-go and enjoy it at my nearby hotel.

I chose an order of Pork & Shrimp with Coriander dumplings, and an order of Beef & Onion dumplings. Each order comes 15 per order, for $7.99 each order. The dumplings are prepared fresh to order; I returned 15 minutes after placing my order and it was ready to go. Both varieties I chose definitely lived up to expectations; they were fresh and tasty on their own, and the 2 dipping sauces (soy-based, and hot-chili based) were complementary as well.

I would definitely return again on my next trip.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were told that this restaurant was reown for their dumplings and we were not disappointed. The facility is small, but we were having a late lunch (3:00 pm) and had no problem getting a table for the four of us. We ordered just two and had plenty to eat: One was Porc et Champignons secs #2 and Agneau et oignon #15. Both were terrific! Our bill was $19.29 without tip - very affordable!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Perfect for the solo diner: good variety of tasty soup dumplings, either boiled or fried, fresh ingredients, large portions and great value!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This restaurant has all the right features, no spruiker , busy with locals, small and a menu focused on just dumplings (but quite a big variety fried, boiled or in soup). At $8 for 15 dumplings it is a great value meal and very tasty. Every thing is very fresh. We shared fried beef and curry onion and also boiled pork, coriander and shrimp. Both delicious.