“Fun way to learn the city with an excellent guide”
Review of Ma Bicyclette

Ma Bicyclette
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover Montreal's ideal launch pad for your next cycling excursion - Ma Bicyclette! Enjoy car free networks that lead to the St. Lawrence River, Lachine Rapids, Formula 1 race track, Old Montreal, Downtown and much more. This outdoor boutique is located directly on the historic Lachine Canal bike path, steps south of the famous Atwater Market and offers the finest bicycle rental equipment for all ages! Fleet consists of quality comfort Pathway bikes & performance road bikes by Cannondale, unique cycling solutions for families, tandems and quality kids bikes. Our knowledgeable staff are here to advise on rentals, repairs and to offer insight on parts & accessories. Refreshing drinks and energizing snacks available to keep you going! Unique cycling accessories, Montreal memorabilia, cold drinks and rejuvenating snacks. Scenic location, directly on the Lachine Canal dedicated bicycle path (voted top 3 urban cycling destination in North America by Time Magazine) across from the famous Atwater Market. An absolute must visit location in Montreal...for all ages. Winner of Le Grand Prix du Tourisme du Quebec 2010.
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We like to do something active in all the places we visit. For this trip, we decided to start off with a bicycle tour and it was the right decision. We did the tasting tour (which included a brief stop for some local cheese and ice cream) that lasted about 3-4 hours. Our group was rather eclectic- a large family with a few kids, several older couples like us. Stephanie led our group and she was very patient and informative. We rode up (down?) the canal bike pathway, then to the (near) top of a hill, winding our way around Montreal. The food stop was quick, but welcomed after a few hours pedaling around Montreal. We kept the bike for the rest of the day for a few extra dollars and went back to several land marks we passed on the tour, including a haul up to Schwartz's. That is a dangerous street to ride on (St. Laurent) with tons of traffic, buses, trucks, and up hill! The ride and the food was worth it, though. I would definitely recommend the tour as a good introduction to Montreal.

All reviews
"parc"
"stops"
"picnic"

Reviewed July 2, 2012

My husband and I rented bicycles here twice during a week's stay, and had a great time covering the entire bike path. They were helpful, adjusting the bikes to fit us, and even reserved their biggest bike ahead of time for my husband, who is 6'5". Reasonably priced, and right on the bike path directly over the easy footbridge from Atwater Market. Perfect in every way!

Reviewed June 27, 2012

My friend and I got a reservation for a tour that started at 10 a.m. Being two young women that spent the night out we lost track of time and woke up at 9:30. I phoned in twice - first to inquire about the cancellation policies and then to politely ask her to wait 5 minutes. Regardless of whether I was present for the tour or not, I would still have to pay ~$60 so we decided to taxi there immediately (the taxi ride was $20). She didn't promise me that she would wait an extra 5 minutes but told me to get there as fast as I could. She understood that we were taking a taxi there immediately. We were speaking to one of the worker's by 10:04 and she told us that the group has already left. We arrived exactly 4 minutes late... she couldn't wait an extra 4 minutes. Instead we got "free" day rents. The tour that I didn't get to go on cost me $80 since I had to pay for the taxi and the the full price of the tour. I was extremely disappointed with this company. I understand that it was my fault for arriving late but I did tell her ahead of time that we were a little off schedule. She had no mercy.
The rental bikes that we used were alright. The brakes were a bit dull but they were working. I found it kind of strange how there was no mention of helmet use. They didn't offer a free helmet to use nor did they inform us about helmet rental fees.

2  Thank Jerica A
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Hi Jerica,
If you recall your booking reservation information asked all participants to arrive 15 minutes before the tour began so as to allow time for equipment adjustments. As this is a group tour event, arriving late means asking many people to wait. We apologize that we could not accommodate your tardiness - however, we felt that charging you for only one participant (as opposed to the two you had reserved) and then providing you 2 full-day complimentary bicycle rentals in lieu of your tour - was most generous on our part. We are so sorry to hear that you do not agree. If you inquire, you will find most other companies would have charged you for 2 full bicycle tours and not provided any complimentary rentals. Our helmets are ALWAYS included in the price of rental - you may have inadvertently checked off the box that says you chose not to use one.
My Bicyclette aims to provide everyone with the best possible visitor experience. We want people to have fun cycling around our great city. We really did the best we could.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

My husband and I booked a tour with Stephanie and we were blown away at how knowledgeable and nice she was. We learned nice tidbits and facts of the city and had tasty cheese and ice cream. I'd definitely recommend it. Make sure to ask for Stephanie!

1  Thank lilyiris21