“What a selection!”

Bar a lunettes / Eyewear bar
Ranked #14 of 144 Shopping in Montreal
More attraction details
Owner description: Over 1000 meticulously selected frames from a worldwide selection.Sitting comfortably at the bar, mirror in hand, immerse yourself into a world of infinite colors and unusual designs. Optician Marie-Sophie Dion and her team of professionals have the perfect glasses to quench your thirst for authenticity.
New Mexico
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“What a selection!”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Starved for a decent selection of eyewear, we were like kids in a candy store! Karine was a wonderful guide through the near overwhelming selection of glasses and helped us find a half-dozen of spectacular choices for each of us. We wanted them all, but finally narrowed our selection to 2 each. Bland, boring frames no more!

Montreal, Québec, Canada
198 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 185 helpful votes
“BEST PLACE TO ADOPT EYEWARE”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

This is the best place to stop and shop for your new look, the optometrists there are professionnals with specific training in morphology so you do not chose the glasses they do to fit your face!
you just sit there at the bar and enjoy....the only problem is that they have a superb choice of designer eyeware and you end up having to choose between 2 to 4 pairs at the end of the processus....not easy....i ended up buying 1, then came back for no 2 and then again pair no 3....they are great! Enjoy!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank SUEBIDOUX
Point Richmond, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“From California to Montreal for eyeglasses - it is worth it!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I discovered Marie-Sophie Dion's "Bar a Lunettes" eyeglass shop in 2007 while I was at a science convention in Montreal. Until that time, I had made mistake after mistake in choosing eyeglasses frames. I asked Marie-Sophie for help! She selected a very beautiful “Histoire de Voir” frames for me, and it transformed my appearance in a wonderful way. I've had the prescription updated once, by mailing these glasses back to Bar a Lunettes - yes, it is easy to do this by mail. I've been looking for additional frames for two years now, all over California and anywhere I traveled in the world. Finally, I realized, I had to get back to Bar a Lunettes in Montreal. So, I have just had an "eyeglasses vacation", 4 days including two full days in Montreal. Again, Marie-Sophie has chosen elegant, unique and flattering frames for me (2, this time!) with the finest lens materials. In my experience, her collection of frames, her help with selection, the quality of the materials used, her very talented and professional staff, and the elegance and concept of her shop, are incomparable.

Visited August 2013