“Great little place”
Review of Tuck Shop

Tuck Shop
Ranked #83 of 5,816 Restaurants in Montreal
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Sud-Ouest (Southwest District)
Montreal
“Great little place”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is a little gem tucked away in a up-and-coming neighborhood! The food was excellent, I'd describe it as non pretentious elevated comfort food! The portions generous and the prices quite reasonable! The menu changes daily so we will definitely return for another culinary experience!

• Visited June 2013

montreal
“great food, great atmosphere, loved the vibe”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

small place but the service is very good and the food is delicious. They do not have a large menu (one page) but I still had trouble making a decision. Everything our table ordered was loved and left us craving more. The beef tartare was the best everyone at the table had ever eaten. Give this restaurant a try and it will soon be one of your faves. fun fresh food in a great setting.

Toronto, Canada
“Special Occasion”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

For a birthday dinner it was really good. The food portions were larger than I had anticipated. Good service and atmosphere.

Visited April 2013
Montreal
“Fantastic little restaurant”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a fantastic meal at Tuck Shop on a Saturday night for our 1 year wedding anniversary.

The place is very quaint and small with roughly 27 seats which creates an intimate atmosphere, but a very "homey" one.

We had the beef tar tar and crispy fish tacos as the appetizers and they were both very good and worth the price.

As mains we had the lobster ravioli and pork chop. The lobster ravioli was to die for and was exceptionally good, the pork chop was about as good as a pork chop as you are going to find but if I could order again I'd have chosen the beef as it looked a touch better.

Overall I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone and will definitely be back for more.

Montreal, Canada
“Great service but not rushing back anytime soon”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Had dinner with two of my colleagues and was really looking forward to it because of the hype. The reality is this part of Montreal has a ton of hyped restaurants and some are worth the hype and others are not.

My appetizer, the fish taco, was so so. My main course, the lamb, was very tasty and had nice presentation. The service was great, friendly, attentive and available.

With so many restaurants to choose from in areas ALL over Montreal, Tuck Shop is sadly not on my list of "must return" places. I will not rush back as I don't feel the restaurant lives up to the hype.