“great food, great atmosphere, loved the vibe”
Review of Tuck Shop

Tuck Shop
Ranked #10 of 6,065 Restaurants in Montreal
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Sud-Ouest (Southwest District)
Reviewed June 2, 2013

small place but the service is very good and the food is delicious. They do not have a large menu (one page) but I still had trouble making a decision. Everything our table ordered was loved and left us craving more. The beef tartare was the best everyone at the table had ever eaten. Give this restaurant a try and it will soon be one of your faves. fun fresh food in a great setting.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

For a birthday dinner it was really good. The food portions were larger than I had anticipated. Good service and atmosphere.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a fantastic meal at Tuck Shop on a Saturday night for our 1 year wedding anniversary.

The place is very quaint and small with roughly 27 seats which creates an intimate atmosphere, but a very "homey" one.

We had the beef tar tar and crispy fish tacos as the appetizers and they were both very good and worth the price.

As mains we had the lobster ravioli and pork chop. The lobster ravioli was to die for and was exceptionally good, the pork chop was about as good as a pork chop as you are going to find but if I could order again I'd have chosen the beef as it looked a touch better.

Overall I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone and will definitely be back for more.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Had dinner with two of my colleagues and was really looking forward to it because of the hype. The reality is this part of Montreal has a ton of hyped restaurants and some are worth the hype and others are not.

My appetizer, the fish taco, was so so. My main course, the lamb, was very tasty and had nice presentation. The service was great, friendly, attentive and available.

With so many restaurants to choose from in areas ALL over Montreal, Tuck Shop is sadly not on my list of "must return" places. I will not rush back as I don't feel the restaurant lives up to the hype.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Tuck Shop looks (and sounds) like a lot of other small, bistro-y restaurants that have opened in Montreal in recent years, many in the familiar restaurant districts, others, like Tuck Shop in areas where the rents are cheaper but street traffic non-existent. We were four celebrating a birthday and were very pleased with the choice. The starters were inventive, the mains well-prepared, sufficiently large though not overwhelming and the dessert interesting, though I can do without cheesecake served in a Mason jar. The wine list was well priced and the wine waiter helpful. Something that I most particularly enjoyed - the place is geared to a young clientele, though the four of us (three definitely of a certain age) were treated with courtesy and without condescension. It's noisy, but what isn't?