Tripadvisor
Montreal
Post
Inbox
Search

“Very creative and amazing food !”
Review of Bouillon Bilk

Bouillon Bilk
Ranked #14 of 6,816 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ville-Marie
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Everything is great about this restaurant. Service and food are a top notch. The food is so well thought of and well prepared. This is an institution rather than a restaurant. Very creative chef with a great imagination when it comes to food. Try to make a reservation as the restaurant is very popular and therefore book in advance. Highly recommended if you appreciate creativity and gastronomy. Definitely worth trying.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (1,285)

Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

Last night I had the pleasure of dining with my BFF at this fine establishment. It was an absolute treat. The decor is minimalist but the food is delightful and the service is exceptional. We chose the taster’s menu and they even obliged me with a substitution which I really appreciated. Each course was more delicious than the previous one. Our wait staff was very courteous and knowledgeable about the meals. The prices are on the high end but you are definitely receiving quality. The entire evening was a wonderful experience and can wholeheartedly understand why this restaurant often appears on the city’s finest dining options.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed January 12, 2020

The place is rather simple but it seems they invest a lot in the kitchen and wine. We had the 5 course tasting menu which is always a risk but everything was superb, as were the wines that came with the courses. We took the opportunity of being in Montreal for a couple of weeks to come back and it was just as good as the first time. Great sommelier as well!

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 28, 2019

We have been many times to this restaurant, but mostly for lunch. We decided to try to get a table after a late event. This was a good move. Scallops for me and cod for my wife, with a good glass of orange wine was perfect. And waiters are always nice and professional.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 13, 2019

My favorite restaurant in Montreal! The servers are always friendly and professional (not a given in this city, which seems to loathe tourists as much as they want them to come), and the food is well worth the price. My favorite is the scallops, their specialty, but there's always an excellent special on the menu; on our most recent evening there, they were serving a vegetable soup that was amazingly rich, savory and vegan. The wine and beer list is extensive and has a variety of types and prices; if you can't make up your mind, the staff is helpful and makes great suggestions to go with your order. If you prefer a cocktail, they have a well-stocked bar too. I cannot praise this place enough, especially if you're treating friends to a special dinner. Bonus: check out the restroom, which has an intriguing recording on the PA inside.

Date of visit: October 2019