“you don't gotta eat here”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Icehouse

Icehouse
Ranked #672 of 5,678 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Bar, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
barrie
“you don't gotta eat here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

we went here after seeing this restaurant on you gotta eat here. The chicken had so much breading on it that we had to remove a lot of it. Under the breading the chicken was dry and the skin was rubbery. The coleslaw that accompanied it was limp and the potatoes salad had a strange vinegary taste.. Also ordered the crab cakes which where also over fried and tasteless. The menu is difficult to read and the waitress failed to mention several things on the menu.

Montreal
“Don't Believe the Hype!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

I was anxious to try Icehouse after reading great reviews. My husband and I went on a Sunday evening (no wait) and shared a lobster burrito and ribs. There was not much lobster in the burrito and whatever there was, was very tough. It was mostly beans and corn. $20 for that?? The ribs were just ok. We have had better in many places. The ribs came with potato salad, which was mostly mayonnaise, as was the cole slaw. We also got what seemed to be a piece of cornbread muffin- very dry and tasteless! Our meal came to $50 with tip and it was horrible! I really am amazed by the good reviews. There are so many great restaurants in Montreal to experience. My advice is stay away from this one.

1 Thank gadryn
Laval, Canada
“Different and Delicous !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have tried this restaurant last week after seeing it on the food network '' you have to eat here'' show. We ordered the lobster roll, the pico de galo lobster burrito and the shrimp pineapple jerk Taco.Also we took their homemade limonade and it's very good.
Every thing was great the place was very crowded we had to wait 5 minutes outside it's a small restaurant but it's sooo worth it. I gave 4 stars because it's a bit pricy.
About 20$+tx per dish.

1 Thank marwa S
Montreal, Canada
“Unique and Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

First thing we noticed is that it's very small. In the summer there is a terrace. The menu is written on a gigantic blackboard indoors and it's a little hard to read. Best thing to do is watch what people are being served coupled with the menu on the blackboard and you're good to go! We ordered a pitcher of bourbon lemonade. It was to die for. Then we ordered 1/2 bucket of chicken and 1/2 bucket of ribs. Both were excellent although the chicken had no spices at all on it. They did offer 2 sauces which were great. One a honey kind the other very "piquant". It's really small and the tables are close so the chatter can get loud but it's so trendy and the patrons mostly university age that you don't mind. We were lucky to have a glorious sunny evening. The waitress was fantastic (Pascale) treated us so friendly and helpful. She placed a large piece of waxed brown paper on the table then came back and literally dumpted both bucks of chicken and ribs directly onto the table. Really neat! Dessert was awesome too. Mississippi mud pie or fresh berries both served with bourbon laced whipped cream or this delicious pretzel chocolate chip cookie. I would definitely recommend going.

montreal
“Best ribs and wings!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

My wife and I finally made it out to the Icehouse Restaurant on Roy Street near St. Laurent Street in Montreal. It was approximately 5:00 P.M and I was worried that the restaurant would be packed considering it ony seats about 30 people inside and about 20 on the terrace. But as luck would have it we found a table for two inside. I ordered a tall Creemore Springs beer and it was served in a tall mug -very appealing. I asked the waitress "how are the ribs?" She laughed as if to say, "Are you kidding? They're awesome!" I also ordered the wings, just to try. My wife ordered the lobster burrito. While we waited for our food we looked around and commented what a neat place this was. It felt like we were somewhere else, "out of town". It was a good feeling. The summer breeze was warm and the music was classic rock.
When the food came the waitress spread a large piece of parchment paper on the table and the food was placed on top of the paper - a really nice concept! I'd have to say that the wings were a pleasant surprise - delicious, and the ribs were out of this world. I would immediately place them in my top five list. My wife loved her lobster burrito and her drink which was a lemonade and whiskey blend. All in all it was a very joyous occasion and we told the waitress that we would be back - maybe TOMORROW!

1 Thank gerry g