“Fun Chip Shop”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had lunch at Brit and Chips and it was great. Very authentic menu and fun atmosphere. Delicious fish and chips and mushy peas. Wish they had one of these back at home!

There are newer reviews for Brit and Chips

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were 4 people who went for an early lunch and we enjoyed the casual atmosphere on the terrasse on Mcgill street.. The food was very good. There was a good choice of battered fish. The beer list was fine to accompany our meal. Service was good and friendly. The prices were reasonable. Will definitely go back another time. .

Reviewed August 5, 2013

As a out-of-towner in the city alone, I walked the neighborhood looking for a pub. I did not want a pricey restaurant with linen table cloth and a 3-course meal. I was beginning to despair of finding a pub when I stumbled by the McGill Street location of Brit and Chips. I decided to try it, and I'm glad I did. The service was friendly and prompt. Nothing fancy here, but the batter on the cod was extra crispy, and the two pieces of cod were very generous --- no gnawing hunger later that evening! The beer selections were good; everything was reasonably priced. There are options to eat at the counter or at a few small tables toward the back of the dining room. A cozy no frills place, but this is just what I was looking for.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

This place doesn't offer you a great seating. Only counters and small table, BUT the food is amazing. It doesn't smell oily and taste oily, either. Batter has different fravor and Chiken pie is highly recommended. Canadian beers are good,too.

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Tasty fried fish! Everything on my plate was fried. Fish balls and French fries. Nothing green and leafy here. Portions were filling and the food served quickly at a reasonable price.

1  Thank EmiR2003