“A cynic converted, kinda” 4 of 5 bubbles

Spa Ovarium
Ranked #8 of 79 Spas & Wellness in Montreal
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Vision : Total relaxation of mind and body leads to a lasting well-being and inner peace needed for living modern life to the fullest Our Mission: To sustainably improve the overall health and inner well-being of as many people as possible by applying the abilities of caring professionals and the best advanced technologies. Our values: Balance - Generosity - Innovation - Open Mindedness - Professionalism - Quality of Life Treatments and services: Massage Therapy, Float Tank, NeuroSpa, Pulsar (sonic and luminous relaxation), LPG Treatments (Huber Motion Lab, CelluM6). Certification d'excellence/ Certification of excellence : Spas Relais Santé Membre Spa associé: Our spa meets the standards and requirements of SPA (BNQ 9700-040 published in December 2010 by the Bureau de normalisation du Québec).
Useful Information: Lockers / storage
Edmonton, Canada
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 266 helpful votes
“A cynic converted, kinda”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

My son decided floating was something he wanted to try (I had tried it decades ago and thought is was interesting but nothing I would do again. To kill time during his hour session in the float tub, I opted to try two half hour sessions. The first (I forget the formal names) used blue flashing lights and music to sooth you. Yeah right, this ain't gonna work. This holistic stuff is totally bogus. Or so this skeptic thought...it was incredible. The experience relaxed me to a point I cannot recall experiencing previously. I entered a deep sleep and dreamt wonderful dreams...how strange. It felt like two minutes not 30. The next session involved a reclined table device with music pumped in which translated into vibrations in the table. You are covered by a baby carriage type lid (not at all claustrophobic. Did nothing for me, it got hot in there and I could not wait to finish....which made the light session that much more amazing in contrast. Son thought the float interesting, but it did nothing for him. He spent two days getting salt from the saline solution in the tub out of his ears! The facility itself seemed very clean and well organized. The waiting area is very comfortable. The staff treat the place somewhat like a shrine...bit surreal, but not uncomfortable at all.

I would return in a heartbeat were I not so far away.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank ChillyAlbertans
Vincent_Meloche, Gérant at Spa Ovarium, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your comment. It's greatly appreciated! We will take note of your remarks which will help us improve our service. We hope to see you on your next visit to Montreal

Montreal, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

haven't been back and it's my loss Great experience and great staff. Very professional qualified. Highly recommended

Mous
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Floatting baths felt claustrophobic...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

Massage was dissapointing, the therapist didn't follow requests, and didn't adjust to feed back, so it was a weird mix of not deeo enough to be relaxing, and badly executed so it hurt when she pussed on bones. The bath wasn't fun at all. I started feeling claustrophobic and couldn't relax.

1 Thank An O
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“so realxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

It really feels like you're floating on air, I've never experienced anything else like it

1 Thank Ko0kie123
montreal
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Best massages in Montreal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

Never actually tried the baths but had countless massages there....just perfect!