“Some of the best food in Montreal”
Review of Kitchen Galerie Poisson - CLOSED

Kitchen Galerie Poisson
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Quartier International
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I recently ate at Kitchen Galerie Poisson for the first time and absolutely loved it! The main course was probably one of the best dishes I've ever eaten (Contrefilet de Bœuf, purée au crabe, asperges, rondelles d’oignons,sauce hollandaise aux crustacés). The combination of flavours was delicious, satisfying and interesting. I didn't find my appetizer (the salmon tartare) as good as I had hoped, but being blown away by the main course more than made up for it.

The service is excellent as well. All the staff is friendly and helpful and made us feel like we had come over to their place for dinner and they were really happy to have us taste their fare. I tried some of the fish dishes from my dinner party's plates and everything I tried was absolutely delicious too.

They are also extremely obliging about making anything gluten-free (most of their dishes are gluten-free naturally anyways), which was a huge plus for me. There were tons of gluten-free options, the staff answered all my questions and were happy to make any required changes and the result was a divine culinary experience without worrying about gluten.

Overall an excellent experience and I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have eaten at the Galerie Kitchen Poisson a couple of times, it is always great. Service is top notch, the fish in particular is fresh and done to perfection. Most recently had the black cod which is delicious. Wine list is not terribly long but there are a number of excellent and reasonably priced selections. It is cozy, meaning you are close to your neighbours which is not for everyone, for me it adds to what is a great atmosphere.

Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Overall great value when looking for fish, a small place with a great atmosphere (reserve early!), a honest list of wines by the glass.

Menu is simple: a list of three to four appetizers, including a soup or potage, a green salad, a couple of daily surprises inspired by what the sea can offer... Main courses are as simple yet with a choice a tad more extensive, about a dozen in all. Lots of fish of the day choices.

I usually get out of there below 30$, a glass of wine included.

Caution : I've always been there for lunch, never for dinner. So I have no idea what the experience is in the evening.

Oh, and did I mention the attention of the staff? Always there yet never intrusive. And smiling!

Not getting all possible points because I would prefer a little more room...

Nevertheless, enjoy!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Comfortable bustling open kitchen resto near the center of Old Montreal. The menu is simple: Fish, Oysters, a small selection of good wines. Plus a couple of other items such as the chef / owner Matthew's special fois gras. Everything was super fresh and delicious!! The service is efficient, knowledgable and freindly. We loved it!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

i had the most beautiful meal tonight
style bistro good service but forget white gloves etc... but genuinely and friendly
one of the best fish in montreal we had artic char and sea bass ..fantastic
will go back and good quality price felicitations Mathieu Cloutier and your manager