“Extraordinary” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Les 400 Coups

Les 400 Coups
Reserve with OpenTable
Les 400 Coups is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 5,657 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French, Canadian, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Transit: Nearest Metro: Champ de Mars
Eastman, Canada
“Extraordinary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

We went there before, loved it, I went there with one my son, who loves good food, and, when my sweetheart landed from Lyon,the french mecca of good food, I took her there again, and then to "L'auberge de la Place Royale, which I also reviewed, the combination of restaurant and hotel being super in the old section of Montreal.
And what a meal!!!
Raviolis stuffed with a mix of beef and vegetables out of this world ! Raw beef you would not recognize any more as raw beef ! Oysters with leeks and unrecognizable sauces, beautifully put together ! So delightful !!! And duck with blueberries, cooked at perfection !
The staff was kind and not just polite, but well grown. The next day, he recognized my mate when she wanted to enquire about lunches.
And with this…Who ever could find a "Gros Plan du pays Nantais", one of my favourite…and cheapest wine. Of course…, a private importation.
As they say, outstanding…fantastic… reproducible…What happened on his day to whoever was disappointed there…?
Can't wait to go back...

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Ghislain D

Montreal
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Visited Les 400 Coups for the second time tonight. What a disappointment. Where the first visit was outstanding, this one was a let down. The tasting menu was good but nothing more than that. We found none of the innovative creations that charmed us on the first visit. What we had in our plates was what several other tables in Montréal serve. More importantly, the portions were ridiculously small. We understand the restaurant now has a new chef. It shows. Les 400 Coups is just another restaurant, not one of the leading Montreal tables it was upon opening. Sad!

3 Thank steilkurve
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Really fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Everything was very delicious. The waitstaff was very helpful. It would be a perfect date spot for locals.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank mspblh
Los Angeles
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

The food tasted so good that from time to time I remember my experience there... Every bite I ate was full of flavor. I plan on eating there every time I'm in Montreal.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank katrin72h
frederick, maryland
“Outstanding food experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

My anticipation of a fabulous treat may have pre-biased me, but this was an absolutely superb meal. A great menu, clearly a great chef, and outstanding and well informed service. William has never seen the movie and "heard it was boring" - maybe it's a generational thing - but he knew his wines and made excellent food recommendations - he helped make this a great meal. I had the beef tartare, followed by an Arctic Char. I had to circle back for another starter (the pâté), not because I was hungry but because everything was so good and I had to sample more. I started with the Kir Québécois, followed by a Sancerre and then a light but very interesting red from the Jura. Boris made sure the bread basket stayed full and was relentless in clearing plates and glasses to make room for the next. The meal was perfect. Apparently this place is not a well guarded secret as it was full of diners at 10 pm.

• Visited October 2013