“Dinner”
Review of Les 400 Coups

Les 400 Coups
Reserve with OpenTable
Les 400 Coups is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #136 of 5,976 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Transit: Nearest Metro: Champ de Mars
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great restaurant: excellent food (I had veal sweetbreads and my friend had scallops), good service (the waiter was great but had a tough time explaining the set course option), good atmosphere (my only real complaint with experience is that we were sat near the kitchen and the heat was stifling at times) and not overly expensive.

1  Thank D M

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Les 400 Coups is one of the top food experiences in Montréal. Great service and excellent mains, but what puts it over the top for me are the desserts, especially the chocolate pot-de-creme. Last time I went, my mom, who never eats dessert, shared some with me and she said: "Well now, THAT'S dessert!" Prices are reasonable too.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Last year I was taken to 400 coups for my birthday and it was just perfect. This year I went back for my wife's birthday, with a bunch of others. What a great meal. Everyone was delighted. We drank an excellent bubbly from Alsace and a white from Santorini. I ate a starter of jambon-canard that gave me chills it was so good, and followed with the best morue (cod) dish of my life - and I've eaten lots of cod here in Québec. J. had a mousse of homard (lobster) that had her raving, and a phenomenal scallop dish. A & R both had the Arctic Char, and were smiling to the skies. Deserts were everything one could hope. Service great. Setting lovely.

1  Thank hpkmontreal
Reviewed July 13, 2013

after hearing some amazing reviews for this restaurant, my expectations were high. Maybe too high. The food was good to great, especially the desserts by famous pastry chef, Patrice Demers. The someliere was just OK...she seem distracted and did not really explain very much about the reasons for her wine recommendations. The decor is a bit dark for my taste, but that is totally a question of personal preference, because you can tell that there was purpose and intent behind the design. All around, I would recommend this restaurant, however I still have other places in Mntreal thay I would prefer. I probably won't be back there, at least not right away.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Nice food... traditional french/canadian. Very busy; quick service.. we were in and out (for dinner) within 90 minutes. At the more expensive end for this type of restaurant. Nice desserts! Busy environment and noise levels are quite high.....