“Great Lunch.. business district”

Houston Avenue Bar & Grill - Square Victoria
Ranked #1,607 of 5,976 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Quartier International
Description: With our decidedly urban upscale vibe, you will discover a great new place to meet friends and family in style. From fabulous appetizers, innovative seafood and salads to our signature steaks and ribs, come enjoy a freshly prepared, simply delicious cuisine - all with a Houston flavour. --- Houston Avenue Bar & Grill sont fiers de vous accueillir chez eux afin de vous offrir une experience culinaire hors de l'ordinaire. Une ambiance unique qui saura plaire a tous sans le moindre doute. Vous y decouvrirez une cuisine raffinee a la fois simple, chic et delicieusement abordable!
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We had a wonderful lunch here. Great views of the FIFA and Wimbledon on many screens. This really a good business district restaurant. Not really open on weekends. Food was fresh and fast. Steaks, burgers, and Small bites..

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Very trendy. Very loud DJ music. Average food with average service. I guess if you are full and trendy, you don't need to work hard at the purpose of being a restaurant. I would not go out of my way to go back.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

I am late writing this review (originally forgot to do so). My boyfriend and I were visiting Montreal the last week of December 2013 and stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel located nearby. While we were walking around the area, my boyfriend saw this restaurant and we decided to go (originally thinking it was associated with the Houston's chain in the United States...we found out it was not). We went around 3:00 PM during the weekday and it was extra nice because there were not a lot of people there because it was during the Christmas holiday season when businesses are closed nearby. The restaurant decor was very nice and modern with tasteful colors throughout. The waitress was congenial with great service and the food was delicious! We had ribs, prime rib and side dishes. We came there after a day of sightseeing and because it was quite cold outside, this restaurant proved to be a warm & cozy choice for us. Glad my boyfriend noticed Houston's when we were out walking!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Went with a group of 10 while at a convention. We had no reservations but were seated right away, they have a lot of large tables. I ordered the peppercorn New York steak and it was one of the finest steaks I've ever eaten. Anywhere. Priced moderately ($35), this particular dish was served with spinach and baked potato. I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you want a good steak.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

quick service and tasty offerings. Close to W and was inexpensive alternative. Enjoyed the work day crowds ant lunch time.