Houston Avenue Bar & Grill - Square Victoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Houston Avenue Bar & Grill - Square Victoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #997 of 5,657 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Bar, American, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Quartier International
Description: With our decidedly urban upscale vibe, you will discover a great new place to meet friends and family in style. From fabulous appetizers, innovative seafood and salads to our signature steaks and ribs, come enjoy a freshly prepared, simply delicious cuisine - all with a Houston flavour. --- Houston Avenue Bar & Grill sont fiers de vous accueillir chez eux afin de vous offrir une experience culinaire hors de l'ordinaire. Une ambiance unique qui saura plaire a tous sans le moindre doute. Vous y decouvrirez une cuisine raffinee a la fois simple, chic et delicieusement abordable!
Ottawa, Canada
“Nice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

Very trendy. Very loud DJ music. Average food with average service. I guess if you are full and trendy, you don't need to work hard at the purpose of being a restaurant. I would not go out of my way to go back.

• Visited June 2014

• Polish first
“Great Food & Friendly, Efficient Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

I am late writing this review (originally forgot to do so). My boyfriend and I were visiting Montreal the last week of December 2013 and stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel located nearby. While we were walking around the area, my boyfriend saw this restaurant and we decided to go (originally thinking it was associated with the Houston's chain in the United States...we found out it was not). We went around 3:00 PM during the weekday and it was extra nice because there were not a lot of people there because it was during the Christmas holiday season when businesses are closed nearby. The restaurant decor was very nice and modern with tasteful colors throughout. The waitress was congenial with great service and the food was delicious! We had ribs, prime rib and side dishes. We came there after a day of sightseeing and because it was quite cold outside, this restaurant proved to be a warm & cozy choice for us. Glad my boyfriend noticed Houston's when we were out walking!

• Visited December 2013
Port Coquitlam, Canada
“Best steak!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Went with a group of 10 while at a convention. We had no reservations but were seated right away, they have a lot of large tables. I ordered the peppercorn New York steak and it was one of the finest steaks I've ever eaten. Anywhere. Priced moderately ($35), this particular dish was served with spinach and baked potato. I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you want a good steak.

Visited May 2014
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“good place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

quick service and tasty offerings. Close to W and was inexpensive alternative. Enjoyed the work day crowds ant lunch time.

Visited February 2013
Jupiter, Florida
“The good, the bad and the....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

We chose this restaurant because we felt like steak for lunch. Which they did not have on their lunch menu but kindly after asking the kitchen did take our steak au poivre order anyway.
This clearly was a restaurant for business suits but with a somewhat mysogenic attitude. As a female executive myself I would not ever lunch at this place with male colleagues or customers because of the skimpy dress code for the waitresses. Too distracting and embarassing. The male staff should be in shorts to make it more equal. We were sitting near the place they stored table accessories and every time they had to get something their t-shirt/mini dress/skirt would ride up and all would be revealed. They were constantly tugging at their clothes to keep it decent and I felt sorry for them.
My husband (who probably didn't mind the dress code) had the rack of ribs which had an unusual marinade tasting like cloves. Once you got used to it, it was actually quite good he said.
My steak was of very good quality, and the sweet potato fries were very good too.
Towards the end of our lunch the waitress asked us if it would be alright if she left us the check now because she was at the end of her shift. We felt sympathetic toward her (she probably wanted to go find a pair of pants ) so we were ok with settling up before we had finished our meal.

• Visited November 2013