“Absolutely Delicious authentic Italian food”
Review of Quattro

Quattro
Ranked #75 of 5,999 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Description: 10 minute walk from Delta Hotel in Downtown Montréal. Between Basilique Notre-Dame and St-Laurence street.
Reviewed March 20, 2014

My two daughters and I stayed in old Montreal and had the pleasure of having dinner at Quattro. The owners treated us like family and made us feel very welcome. I had the grilled octopus which was to die for and my daughter had the caprese salad and the buffalo mozzarella was perfect. We then all had pasta - we had the homemade gnocchi which were made from scratch with ricotta which made them very light and fluffy. We are Sicilian so we know real authentic Italian when we taste it and this place makes the real deal. The owners also suggested a lovely wine with my meal. If you want excellent service and a delicious meal in a place that makes you feel like home, go to Quattro.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

This restaurant is a 3 minute walk (in the snow) from our hotel we stayed at (Hotel Place d'Armes), we went there because it was chilly that day and didn't want to walk too far. We sure were happy that we did. It is a small restaurant, and yet you have room to move between tables. It's a great, friendly atmosphere.

When we arrived, we were welcomed by the owner, which is great. Also, our waitress, Isabelle, was extremely friendly.

The food is amazing, I had Gnocchi while my husband had Truffle Penne (something like that). It's a generous amount, so if you're going to have an entree (like we did), you might find it really difficult to finish your meal.

Isabelle was able to recommend wines for my husband's meals, while for me, she made a fruity non-alcoholic drink for me to enjoy.

It's a restaurant that makes you feel at home, relaxed, able to enjoy your food. Definitely a place to recommend.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I made a reservation here for my wife's birthday based on other people's reviews and my experience by far exceeded my expectations. We went with friends and ended up being two couples and four kids aged nine to twelve.
The restaurant is elegant/chic but did not feel like a restaurant. It felt more like having been invited in to someone's home.
The service and attention to detail was superb. The kids thought it took long for the food to arrive, but once they tasted it, they exclaimed it was the best pasta they had ever eaten, my wife highly enjoyed her meal as did I. I had the lamb which was impeccable.
My youngest then told me he understood why the food took long.
He said he could tell it was cooked with love, which are my thoughts too.
I would highly recommend this restaurant as a special and unique experience.

1  Thank Oliver C
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We made a reservation here and were seated immediately after arriving. One of the Italian owners actually served us, and did an amazing job. We both ordered pasta, and although we actually received one meal that was different than we had ordered, we were happy with the mistake!

The food we had was definitely comparable with what we had in Italy a few months later. Will definitely make an effort to go back.

1  Thank csa709
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Dined at Quattro last evening with my wife, was a little apprehensive that it would live up to the reviews. Sent an email earlier requesting a secluded table. When we arrived Vincenzo, one of the three owners greeted us warmly at the door and seated us at a lovely table for 4 by the front window, secluded but with a great view of the restaurant. Took his recommendation for a red and white by the glass, very good and reasonably priced. Took our time reviewing the menu and decided on the octopus appetizer and the beet salad. Both were very tasty, beautifully presented and quite large portions. For the mains we chose the appetizer portions (more than enough) of the gnocchi and the pappardelle, again they were very very good and nicely presented. The service was relaxed, friendly and attentive...bread arrived without asking, bruschetta was provided as a starter when we arrived. Overall a wonderful experience, quiet music, wonderful interior, Vincenzo was a gracious and friendly host...