“Fabulous dinner and a wonderful evening!”
Review of Quattro

Quattro
Ranked #52 of 5,772 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Description: 10 minute walk from Delta Hotel in Downtown Montréal. Between Basilique Notre-Dame and St-Laurence street.
Toronto, Canada
“Fabulous dinner and a wonderful evening!”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

My partner and I were looking for a romantic Italian restaurant in Old Montreal that would bring back memories of our recent trip to Italy and boy did Quattro deliver. A great wine selection, delightful service and exceptional food. The veal, the pasta, the salads - everything was amazing. The only unfortunate thing was that we didn't leave room for dessert but the Tiramisu received rave reviews from the couple sitting next to us. We've been to several Italian restaurants in Montreal but Quattro is at the top of our list.

1 Thank 2012brendar

• Korean first
Verona, Italy
“Definetely the best Italian restaurant in town.”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

What's better, after a long day out, than an authentic Italian style restaurant. This is maybe the only one all over Eastern Canada...Nothing is better than a spaghetti al pomodoro cooked like only the Italians can do, with fresh tomato sauce and fresh basil leaves upon it? Nothing can restore you better than a granny-style plate of gnocchi or tagliatelle al ragout, exactly the ones you use to have for your Sunday lunch in Italy. Believe me, no melting pot, here, no compromises: Italian and good!!!!Desserts also deserve to be mentioned, such as the chocolate souffle or the tiramisu, but especially the Cannoli. Try it and you won't regret!!!Not cheap but worth! Medium price for 4 people, (4 primi piatti and 4 desserts, water, no wine) 160.97 $. Maybe the only thing I didn't like was the air conditioning which was too cold!!!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Pigrissima
Calgary, Canada
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We chose to dine at Quattro while in Montreal for a conference after we had read so many positive reviews on TripAdvisor. The whole experience did not disappoint! We had a wonderful meal (mine was a special pasta, recommended by the owner), in a friendly intimate setting. Truly fantastic! The owner shared stories and photos of his own family with us as we enjoyed our time at the restaurant. I would recommend a reservation as the seating capacity is small and intimate. Definitely a must do when in downtown Montreal!

Chicago
“Quattro is the BEST”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

A local boutique owner suggested Quattro when we asked her where we should go to eat. She said Quattro was her favorite restaurant and boy was she right- it is now my favorite restaurant in Montreal hands down.

I don't know what was better: the food or the service. The food is serious authentic Italian. My husband had the grilled octopus and I had the gnocchi. I haven't had such good pasta since I was back in Napoli, which isn't surprising since both restaurant owners hail from southern Italy. We were there for lunch as it was our last meal before we headed to the airport- my only regret is that we didn't find this gem sooner. I would have loved to had dinner and drinks there.

The owners, Nino and Franco, are what make Quattro a top notch restaurant. Even though it was our first time there, they made us feel welcome and comfortable from the minute we walked in the door. They treated us like old friends and not just tourists- which is so nice when traveling to a new city. You can tell that Nino and Franco love their jobs and genuinely want their guests to enjoy their time there.

Make it a point to eat at Quattro when you are in Montreal; you won't be sorry!

p.s. Nino & Franco: Sto avendo 'a craving per la vostra gnocchi, cosi stiamo cercando trovare una scusa per tornare a Montreal con gli amici. Spero che voi e le vostre famiglie stanno facendo bene. Ci vediamo presto. Lucia & Michael

Boston, Ma
“Gracious and warm service”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Six of us ate at Quattro last Saturday night. I made a reservation in advance based on TripAdvisor reviews. I agree that the owner and our waitress could not have been more welcoming and friendly. I would say the food is very good, but not outstanding. I order the gnocchi based again on previous reviews. While the gnocchi were light and delicate, they were served in a heavy red sauce, that, though tasty was overwhelming for the gnocchi and there was just too much of it. Others enjoyed the pappardelle with prosciutto which had a more delicate cream sauce. The shrimp was delicious, the veal Milanese a bit dry. Nice wine; excellent Martini. Reasonably priced.