“Gracious and warm service”
Review of Quattro

Quattro
Ranked #82 of 6,036 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Description: 10 minute walk from Delta Hotel in Downtown Montréal. Between Basilique Notre-Dame and St-Laurence street.
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Six of us ate at Quattro last Saturday night. I made a reservation in advance based on TripAdvisor reviews. I agree that the owner and our waitress could not have been more welcoming and friendly. I would say the food is very good, but not outstanding. I order the gnocchi based again on previous reviews. While the gnocchi were light and delicate, they were served in a heavy red sauce, that, though tasty was overwhelming for the gnocchi and there was just too much of it. Others enjoyed the pappardelle with prosciutto which had a more delicate cream sauce. The shrimp was delicious, the veal Milanese a bit dry. Nice wine; excellent Martini. Reasonably priced.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

From the moment we arrived, my wife and I knew that Quattro was a choice we would remember forever. The greeting from who we later discovered was the owner, Niño, was warm and inviting as he showed us to our table as if we frequent guests. Our waitress Marielle showed the perfect amount of attention while allowing us to have a long overdue night out together.
We love to share our food so with two appetizers of caesar (authentic) and grilled calamari along with homemade pappardelle and the best veal chop ever created, all our cravings were satisfied.
The only problem we now have is that we want to return tonight but with only two nights in old Montreal another restaurant has to be found with equal food and service and I'm not liking our odds.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I've been in Montreal twice on business in the last month and had great dinners at Quattro both times. The atmosphere is relaxed and welcoming. On my first visit the place was packed and I had a lovely dinner at the bar, chatting with one of the waitresses; second time at a table and interacting with other diners and staff. On my second visit the owner actually remembered me (where I was from and what sports I liked) and greeted me warmly.
The food was very very good!.Handmade pastas, simple sauces that stood on the strength of high quality ingredients skilfully combined. The arugula salad that I had as a starter on visit one was excellent and a huge portion, roasted beet salad with goat cheese and walnuts on visit two was flavourful and beautifully presented. Nice wine list and servers knowledgeable about food pairings.
If I lived in Montreal this would be a regular haunt for me!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Felt completely at home from the moment we walked in. Two of the owners served our table and were extremely attentive to everything we needed. Incredibly friendly and fun people, which created a great atmosphere at an incredible location in Vieux Montreal. And then the food! We had the pappardelle and tagliatelle, and they were both excellent. Arugula salad was outstanding too. Great wine selection. You cannot ask for better service or food than what we experienced at Quattro. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Quattro was recommended by the concierge at my hotel and I am happy that I tried it.
The food was delicious, nice atmosphere. The service started out not so great but improved.
Good selection of wine as well.