“Wonderful!!! Wonderful!!!”

Quattro
Ranked #52 of 5,769 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Description: 10 minute walk from Delta Hotel in Downtown Montréal. Between Basilique Notre-Dame and St-Laurence street.
Pittsburgh
“Wonderful!!! Wonderful!!!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

What a terrific restaurant. The food is fabulous and the service terrific. We ate there on an evening when we were lucky to not only have great food and wine but also lucky to meet two of the owners Nino and Franco. Owners who engage in wonderful conversations with their customers. Not only did they make dinner and wine suggestions but they also spent time laughing and joking with us and other customers. Quattro is a wonderful restaurant that should not be missed if you are in Old Montreal.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank sandylbi

• Korean first
Alicante, Spain
“Overpriced, questionable service, ordinary cuisine”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I went to this restaurant having read some of the excellent reviews of it on Trip Advisor, usually a very reliable source of information. However, the whole experience was a disappointment from start to finish, for a number of reasons.
The service was efficient but really quite unfriendly, almost to the point of arrogance.
The menus were some of the most boring menus I have ever seen in an Italian restaurant, let alone one that sets itself out to be a high end "gourmet" restaurant. Having said that, I have to say that the food was excellent, and we did not have to wait for it.
Both the food and wine menus were rudimentary. This is probably less of an issue with the food menu, where I don't enjoy reading lines and lines of verbiage about each dish, but it was a problem with the wine menu, where there was no information about where the different wines came from. This was a shame, as there seemed to be a pretty wide selection of Italian wines, and it would have been nice to see something about which regions they came from. In the end, I chose an excellent Entre Deux Mers, which worked very well as most of us had fish.
The food was well cooked and obviously used fresh ingredients. My issue here is that at this class of restaurant, I expect a more exciting and a friendlier experience.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Peter C
Cornwall, ON
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Italian in Montreal”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Having been to Italy twice now, it takes a very good Italian meal outside of Italy to impress me and Quattro did not fall short on this task. The entire experience reminded me of being in Italy. The incredible service (thank you Nino!), the amazing food (Gnocchi, Penne and Risotto to die for!!!) and the ambience of the restaurant made this an unforgettable experience for the 6 of us who attended. Everything was so fabulous, my wife and I went back the next weekend with one of her friends from out of town. Can't wait for our next visit

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank travellingduo0916
Gainesville, Virginia, United States
“Bellissimo!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Friendly owners, great food (even though the grilled calamari was rubbery). We had spaghetti puttanesca and gnocchi. Both were wonderful. They do give you the option of an appetizer size of the main course...we found this to be a perfect size.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank welsr
Vienna, Virginia
“The Real Food from Italy”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Quattro was everything desired from a restaurant when we visited on August 19 - friendly and helpful service, comfortable setting and outstanding cuisine. But Quattro went further by serving an Italian dinner that is hard to find outside of Italy. The recipes, the seasonings and the preparation brought back the taste memories from recent trips to Tuscany and Umbria. Risotto Porcini and a lamb entrée were fabulous. I was also delighted to see wines that I had enjoyed in Italy that I have not found since. Thank you, Nino, for managing our dinner service with humor and attention. One of our best memories of Montreal.

• Visited August 2013