“Great Italian resturant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quattro

Quattro
Ranked #27 of 5,657 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Description: 10 minute walk from Delta Hotel in Downtown Montréal. Between Basilique Notre-Dame and St-Laurence street.
Berkeley, California
“Great Italian resturant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I visited this resturant on a Saturday night and they were fully booked with reservations but still managed to accomidate me, which was great. The servicers were very friendly and the atmosphere was like everyone was family. The owners/managers/servers actually came over and talked to me about were I was from, how my trip was going, etc. They were the heart and soul of the visit. The food was great also. I had the taglietteli pasta with proscuitto and tomato sauce, and also the veal scallopini. Both excellent. The portion sizes were perfect and the food cooked to perfection. My only complaint would be the price of the meal, but I think it might be because the standard of living is more expensive in Montreal than in Connecticut. All in all, I would definately return.

• Korean first
Ottawa
“Very good food, fantastic atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Very good food. Simple flavors done well. However, we were a little disappointed when our linguine dish came out with spaghetti noodles. We told our server who tried to convince us that the noodle is just a really skinny linguine, rather than admitting that it was the wrong pasta. The risotto was excellent, very well balanced.

The vibe is fun. It's quite loud, but below obnoxious. The owners are lively and having fun. A good place for a relaxed meal.

A word of warning. They have a homemade chilli paste that is extremely spicy!! So use sparingly.

Ottawa, Canada
“Disappointed by Inconsistent Dishes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

We booked at Quattro expecting a food experience worthy of its #4 rating on tripadvisor. Sorry to say that we were really disappointed. Two of our four main dishes were EXTREMELY oversalted, to the point that I really ciuldn't finish my rack of lamb. I'd like to think that the majority of the reviews are true, maybe the chef was having a bad night. Overall the service and atmosphere were really good, but I think I'll be trying somewhere else on my next visit to Montreal...

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Montreal, Canada
“Best restaurant we've been to in a long time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I decided to try out Quattro for our Valentine's dinner. Best decision ever! The owners made us feel right at home and the food was EXCEPTIONAL. My husband had the grilled calamari and said they were the best he's ever had. I had the yellow beets with goat cheese and walnuts drizzled with a delicious vinaigrette. YUM!!! For our main dishes, my husband had the lamb and I had the homemade sweet potato and ricotta gnocchi. Did I mention the homemade hot pepper oil? Delish! We actually stopped talking during our main dishes, because we were so into our food! We did not want it to end! For dessert we had the Tiramisu, which was just so moist, fresh and delicious. The owners took care of our every need and were extremely friendly. We felt as if we'd known them for years. We left there feeling very satisfied and have since spread the word on this divine treasure. We cannot wait to go back!!!

Edmonton, Canada
“Best Italian Food ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Five of us went there after a recommendation from the concierge at the hotel. Her recommendation did not dissappoint.
The service is very personal and attentive. Every single dish we tried (we tried many) were outstanding. Starting from the bruschetta, to the ceaser salad to the home made pasta and the cannoli which was truly to die for. I have never had better tasting Italian food - not even in Italy. Highly recommended and easy to see why this is one of the top restaurants in Montreal.