“Close to everything”

Hotel Quartier des Spectacles
Ranked #89 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed April 17, 2014

To begin this hotel is in St Catherine, great place to shop. I was at a conference at the Palais des Congres de Montreal, very close to the hotel. To visit the Basilica of Notre Dame de Montreal, Saint Patrick's or Mary Queen of the World Cathedral are just minutes away on foot. The staff are polite, even if you do not speak French. Liked staying with the keys all the time. The hotel has no elevator, but I had been warned about this. The top floors are quieter and have chosen for me a room on the third floor rightfully so.

Room Tip: The top floors are quieter
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Larry56Montreal, General Manager at Hotel Quartier des Spectacles, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

I am glad that you took full advantage of our prime downtown location to visit many of Montreal’s major tourist sites. We look forward to welcoming you again, hopefully in the near future. Remember that we have a special discounted rate for guests who book directly on our site or call our reservation desk at 1-866-302-2922 (toll free in North America) or 1-514-849-2922.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Quartier des Spectacles

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

This is where we stay when in Montreal. It is more than a two star hotel. If you want a boutique hotel, close to everything, look no further. Excellent service, friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms, beautiful brick walls, and so much character throughout. My husband and I commented how shiny and clean the establshment was, from its rooms, to the stairwell, to the lobby, the floors and even doors. This time we each enjoyed a massage at Hop Ho, an on site mini spa, which was incredible for the price. Thank you to the owners and all staff for always making our stay a memorable and positive one! You will see us again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TeamARD
Larry56Montreal, General Manager at Hotel Quartier des Spectacles, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am pleased that you loved your experience at our hotel and that the team was able in part, to make your stay a memorable one. Thanks for your comments regarding the cleanliness of the property and for mentioning our renovations in keeping with the building's historical character. Remember, on your next visit, to book on our site or call our reservation desk directly to receive our special VIP rate for return guests. Glad you will be returning....till next time.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here - exposed brick, clean crisp sheets, quiet, renovated hotel. Don't worry about the street level businesses, they have no impact on the quality of the hotel itself. The staff are super-helpful as well. If you have time, book a massage at Hop Ho - the RMT was great.

Room Tip: Room 205 looked out on busy Ste. Catherine...lots of windows, cute.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank N R
Larry56Montreal, General Manager at Hotel Quartier des Spectacles, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thank you very much for your review and for your kind words regarding our staff. I am pleased that you appreciated our renovations in keeping with the historical character of our centennial building. We receive many compliments regarding the services offered at Hop Ho's Aesthetic salon and I am pleased that you had the opportunity to have a relaxing therapeutic massage while at the hotel. On your next trip, make sure to book directly on our website or by calling our reservation desk in order to obtain a return guest discount. Till next time.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

The hotel itself was good for the price that I paid -- around $70 for a room with two double beds. The room was clean and tidy. No noise in the hotel. Friendly staff.

If you're going to Montreal with your family or parents, this is not the hotel to stay at. More precisely, it is the area surrounding the hotel: at least three sex shops are located right next to it, and possibly one of them is a place for adult-wrestling.

Parking in the neighbourhood is expensive: $20 a night.

3  Thank Kasamasa
Larry56Montreal, General Manager at Hotel Quartier des Spectacles, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

I am pleased that you appreciated the great value of our hotel, as well as your clean and quiet accommodations. We realize that being located in downtown Montreal, there are some shops and clubs of a sexual nature: these types of establishments are interspersed throughout the city center. Our hotel is located in the heart of Montreal's famous Quartier des Spectacles.....next to the symphony and opera house and close to over 40 entertainment venues and museums. This dynamic area also hosts all of Montreal's major festivals and therefore attracts many families; it remains a very safe area whether it be day or night. Being in the midst of the entertainment district, there are numerous parking lots in the immediate area and therefore the rates are among the lowest and most competitive in downtown Montreal (approx. $20 per day)....our receptionist can provide you with surface and underground lots options. Thanks for taking the time to review our establishment and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I was nervous about this reservation. When I arrived, it is up a steep flight of stairs, no elevator and I had a large piece of luggage; then I was surprised... The staff is so nice and helpful. This hotel is spotless and has a charm with the accommodations. The location is central to all parts of Montreal and travel hubs. Restaurants are abundant and diverse. You can walk safely anywhere. My room had a kitchenette which I recommend. You may want to stay a bit longer after you are comfortable in your room...it's easy to feel this way. Everyone makes you feel so welcome.

Room Tip: Be honest with the staff when you make your reservation. They know what types of activities are happ...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Larry56Montreal, General Manager at Hotel Quartier des Spectacles, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Being on the second floor of a historic building, we realized that the main stairwell can appear daunting. I am pleased, however, that you quickly felt at home in our establishment and that our staff, in part made your trip to Montreal a memorable one. Our housekeeping staff prides themselves in their work and I will certainly pass your kind words regarding your spotless accommodations. Thanks for taking the time for writing a review for Tripadvisor and for your great recommendation.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Another Dealfind opportunity came up for us in Montreal at Hotel Quartier Spectacles and we jumped on it. This was a return visit. We were in Montreal for the Scottie's Curling event, and the hotel was a quick one minute walk to the Metro. Actually, the hotel is a reasonable walk to many shopping and dining areas....lots to choose from. The front desk staff was exceptional, very professional and helpful. Our room, in the newly renovated section of the hotel,was cosy, warm and comfortable. The hotel was located on St Catherine's Street, a main thoroughfare, with all of it's "Joie de Vivre" A few questionable shops were around us, but we never felt any adversity.

Great deal, lovely people....we give this hotel a buy!

Room Tip: Ask for the corner room on the second floor. It has some brick walls in it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you appreciated our prime location, our cosy, warm and comfortable renovated rooms, as well as our helpful and professional staff. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I stayed here over the Easter Weekend of 2013 and was pleasantly surprised how nice it was.

I had purchased a deal on Teambuy last year since the deal was really good *$59 per night for the Superior room.

At first I was quite skeptical about staying at this hotel and was doubting the quality since I know it's right in the heart of the Montreal downtown aka the party district. However, upon arriving, after going up a flight of stairs (only downside in my opinion, no elevator) I instantly changed my mind. It was clean, tidy and cozy. Front desk staff was extremely amicable and helpful. Just like when I made the reservation over the phone. The lady over the phone had kindly reserved the quiet room for me and when I arrived at the hotel in the early afternoon to check in, I was more than happy to find out that they have upgraded me to a 2 queen-bed room right at the very end of the corner corridor instead of the 1-bed queen Superior room that came with the deal. Since my room was right at the corner, I barely heard any noises throughout my entire stay.

The bed was firm, just the way I like it. Sheets are clean and soft. Very decent sized dresser to hang your coats or delicate clothing. The bathroom was newly renovated. It looked very modern. Has some gray ceramic tiles and a stand-up shower.

Location is golden. Right next to metro Place des arts and it is literally 5-minute walk to China town and 10 minute to downtown Montreal and 15 to 20 minute walk to the Old Port Montreal if you are a fast walker.

To summarize my review, like most of travelers, there are always pros and cons about every place you stay at. Hotel Quartiers des Spectacles exceeded my expectations and I am looking forward to return again in two months!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AnnieH910
Larry56Montreal, General Manager at Hotel Quartier des Spectacles, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Your warm comments regarding our property are greatly appreciated. We make every effort to exceed the expectations of our guests with true hospitality. Our central location is in the heart of the entertainment district, Montreal's famous Quartier des Spectacles and as you have discovered, within walking distance of most of the major tourist sites. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit.