All reviewsno elevatorshop locatedheavy suitcasesjazz festivalold montrealstreet noisecomplex desjardinssingle roomcontinental breakfastfree wifist laurentprivate bathroomcentral locationtwo double bedslocation is greatpoutinemetro station
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Another Dealfind opportunity came up for us in Montreal at Hotel Quartier Spectacles and we jumped on it. This was a return visit. We were in Montreal for the Scottie's Curling event, and the hotel was a quick one minute walk to the Metro. Actually, the hotel is a reasonable walk to many shopping and dining areas....lots to choose from. The front desk staff was exceptional, very professional and helpful. Our room, in the newly renovated section of the hotel,was cosy, warm and comfortable. The hotel was located on St Catherine's Street, a main thoroughfare, with all of it's "Joie de Vivre" A few questionable shops were around us, but we never felt any adversity.

Great deal, lovely people....we give this hotel a buy!

Room Tip: Ask for the corner room on the second floor. It has some brick walls in it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Larry56Montreal, General Manager at Hotel Quartier des Spectacles, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you appreciated our prime location, our cosy, warm and comfortable renovated rooms, as well as our helpful and professional staff. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I stayed here over the Easter Weekend of 2013 and was pleasantly surprised how nice it was.

I had purchased a deal on Teambuy last year since the deal was really good *$59 per night for the Superior room.

At first I was quite skeptical about staying at this hotel and was doubting the quality since I know it's right in the heart of the Montreal downtown aka the party district. However, upon arriving, after going up a flight of stairs (only downside in my opinion, no elevator) I instantly changed my mind. It was clean, tidy and cozy. Front desk staff was extremely amicable and helpful. Just like when I made the reservation over the phone. The lady over the phone had kindly reserved the quiet room for me and when I arrived at the hotel in the early afternoon to check in, I was more than happy to find out that they have upgraded me to a 2 queen-bed room right at the very end of the corner corridor instead of the 1-bed queen Superior room that came with the deal. Since my room was right at the corner, I barely heard any noises throughout my entire stay.

The bed was firm, just the way I like it. Sheets are clean and soft. Very decent sized dresser to hang your coats or delicate clothing. The bathroom was newly renovated. It looked very modern. Has some gray ceramic tiles and a stand-up shower.

Location is golden. Right next to metro Place des arts and it is literally 5-minute walk to China town and 10 minute to downtown Montreal and 15 to 20 minute walk to the Old Port Montreal if you are a fast walker.

To summarize my review, like most of travelers, there are always pros and cons about every place you stay at. Hotel Quartiers des Spectacles exceeded my expectations and I am looking forward to return again in two months!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AnnieH910
Larry56Montreal, General Manager at Hotel Quartier des Spectacles, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Your warm comments regarding our property are greatly appreciated. We make every effort to exceed the expectations of our guests with true hospitality. Our central location is in the heart of the entertainment district, Montreal's famous Quartier des Spectacles and as you have discovered, within walking distance of most of the major tourist sites. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

This was a cute, old, recently renovated hotel. It has character, was reasonably priced and is in a convenient location. There is no elevator, so expect to lug your luggage up some narrow, winding stairs. Also, the room we stayed in was atop an "adult" novelty shop which played loud music at inappropriate hours; we did not have a restful sleep.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Darth_Cambo
Larry56Montreal, General Manager at Hotel Quartier des Spectacles, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent visit. I am pleased that you appreciated our renovations in keeping with the building's historical character and our prime location in the downtown core. I am disappointed, however, that you did not have a good night's sleep. The shop downstairs is usually closed by midnight and I am unsure why there would be loud music. However, I will look into this situation in order that this does not repeat itself. I hope to welcome you again soon and to have the opportunity to show you the trademark service that we are so proud of.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

The taxi driver wished us good luck when he dropped us in front of the hotel in the evening. The area looked seedy and the hotel is located above a sex shop.
Staff was very welcoming and helpful and they assured us that the area had been cleaned up a lot over the last few years. That turned out to be true and the location was actually great. Still......I would not have liked to come home on my own in the evening. There are funny creatures around!
The metro is just around the corner but you can basically walk everywhere as well. Maybe not so suitable for women traveling on their own.....otherwise not bad.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Larry56Montreal, General Manager at Hotel Quartier des Spectacles, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are very proud of our four and half star rating on this site provided by Tripadvisor guests as well as the numerous excellence awards received during the past three years. We understand that there are still remnants of the Red Light district in the area but it has indeed been transformed into the trendy and dynamic entertainment district called le Quartier des Spectacles. The area is safe and you need not be fearful. The taxi driver is either very much uninformed or was looking to bring you to a hotel that pays commission. Either way, we are happy that you stayed with us and hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Everything was great with my stay (stayed two nights) - clean and comfortable room, friendly hotel staff and I loved that it was really close to the metro station. And there was free internet on a communal computer in the lounge area. I couldn't ask for a better stay, frankly. Thanks, Hotel Quartier des Spectacles!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank L C
Larry56Montreal, General Manager at Hotel Quartier des Spectacles, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

I am glad that you had a great stay in our hotel and I will certainly share your kind words with the entire staff. We look forward to your next visit.......please call our reception desk directly at 1-866-302-2922 to receive a special return guest rate. Till next time.