“Super Sandwich and Chocolate Cheesecake - YUM!”

Reuben's Deli & Steaks
Ranked #49 of 5,978 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I had the Super Sandwich and it was so flavourful and tender and I looooved it so much that i came back the next day for more. When I did go back, I decided to try something different so I had a Reuben sandwich, which I found to be tasty but really greasy and heavy even though it had way less meat then the Super Sandwich--- all the butter, sauce, and cheese with the fatty meat was just way too much. The Super Sandwich kept it simple with rye, mustard, and 10oz of meat, and you could just taste how great the meat was on its own, which is the way to go. I also had the chocolate cheese cake, which someone mentioned in a previous review as weird, but I thought it was one of the best chocolate desserts I've ever had. Its a chocolate cheesecake surrounded by a chocolate cake with turtle pieces and i could go on but it's omg you have to try it to know what i'm talking about good. I also had the famous strawberry cheesecake, which I found to be pretty mediocre. The great thing about their cheesecakes is that they're not overly sweet.

On another note, while I liked that we didn't have to line up or wait to sit down, the service we received on a Sunday night was painfully slow (but friendly). I would recommend this place because the title of this review is what it's all about, and I am definitely coming back for more of that!

1  Thank Chambello

Reviewed July 24, 2013

So much to choose from. Some of our favorites: smoked meat sandwich (Montreal style); BLT; and according to our chicken soup expert, the chicken and noodle soup was four star. This is a great place for those looking for a deli style breakfast or lunch. There is truly something on the menu for everyone.

MtlMuriel, Guest Relations Manager at Reuben's Deli & Steaks, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Great review, thank you so much!

Glad to hear we were able to impress the chicken soup expert

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We loved the Rueben sandwich and the coleslaw was also great. The cheesecake with strawberries was impressive and not overly sweet. Don't order the pork chop- it looked impressive but was seriously overlooked.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We ate here on recommendation and it was very average. Portions are big but so are prices. Ambience is dead and staff are very uninspiring, despite that we were asked by the manager to increase our tip to the waitress , who was uninterested and bland. There are loads better diners to eat at than here . My advice - avoid!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I had to do a double take when I got my reuben. #1- on greasy pumpernickel, #2- 3 little strips of sourkraut #3 the blandest, greasiest pile of stringy meat I've ever eaten #4- lousy tasteless fries....all of that for $14 a sandwich?!?!

Thankfully the manager had the good sense to refund my money bc I wouldn't even take it home for the dog to eat. Makes me appreciate the reubens that I know and love at Datz deli back in Tampa. Never again go to this little hole in the wall from the 70s era.