“A HUGE menu!!!”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Reviewed July 24, 2013

So much to choose from. Some of our favorites: smoked meat sandwich (Montreal style); BLT; and according to our chicken soup expert, the chicken and noodle soup was four star. This is a great place for those looking for a deli style breakfast or lunch. There is truly something on the menu for everyone.

MtlMuriel, Guest Relations Manager at Reuben's Deli & Steaks, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Great review, thank you so much!

Glad to hear we were able to impress the chicken soup expert

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We loved the Rueben sandwich and the coleslaw was also great. The cheesecake with strawberries was impressive and not overly sweet. Don't order the pork chop- it looked impressive but was seriously overlooked.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We ate here on recommendation and it was very average. Portions are big but so are prices. Ambience is dead and staff are very uninspiring, despite that we were asked by the manager to increase our tip to the waitress , who was uninterested and bland. There are loads better diners to eat at than here . My advice - avoid!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I had to do a double take when I got my reuben. #1- on greasy pumpernickel, #2- 3 little strips of sourkraut #3 the blandest, greasiest pile of stringy meat I've ever eaten #4- lousy tasteless fries....all of that for $14 a sandwich?!?!

Thankfully the manager had the good sense to refund my money bc I wouldn't even take it home for the dog to eat. Makes me appreciate the reubens that I know and love at Datz deli back in Tampa. Never again go to this little hole in the wall from the 70s era.

1  Thank divinalina
Reviewed July 2, 2013

When you talk about an authentic Montreal deli, you immediately think about old metal tables and squeaky linoleum floors from the 1940's, and of course, great smoked meat. Well, Reuben's still serves the best smoked meat in town but they've also added a number of modern dishes to their menu and modernized their decor to compete with the best restaurants in town. So regardless of whether you're in the mood for some smoked meat, a steak or a decadent slice of cake, this place won't disappoint.

1  Thank Haidasun