“A Real Deli”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is what a deli should be like - and you know it the minute you walk in - great portions, very tasty deli foods and prices that are reasonable - and the service is great too.

1  Thank George K

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Reuben's was the ultimate way to end a great concert night in Montreal. Service was quick and efficient. The food was just what I expected, classic lean smoked meat on rye with fries, pickle, and slaw. YUM! Too bad I didn't have room for dessert.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have known this place forever and always walked past it for a good 30 years or so. This time I was in town for some meetings and, being on my own, walked towards Mr.Steer only to realized it was closed for renovations. As this was a couple of weeks ago during the super cold weather, I stopped at the first next place that I saw open.
I thought it was a better idea than walk back to my car and drive to Schwartz's. I was seated at the counter and ordered smoke meat. The wait staff was friendly and efficient. The food was disappointing. The fries were fine but the portion was way too big. The smoke meat was terrible in my opinion. Some reviewers say that the smoke meat was melting in their mouth. Smoke meat is not ice cream and is not supposed to melt in your mouth. Even I ordered it lean, it was way too fat, even soggy. Juice and fat were oozing from the meat. Not my kind of smoke meat. Not cheap either.
Maybe the rest of the menu is ok but I won't try. I'll skip it for another 30 years and make a detour to Schwartz's.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We recently had a wonderful dining experience at Reuben's Deli. We were looking for fresh food and a nice portion. The smoked meat was tender, melt in your mouth and tasty. The bread was fresh. The club sandwich was also a large portion with flavourful chicken, crispy bacon and nice cheese. We enjoyed the attentive knowledgeable service.
The best part of the already fantastic lunch was the carrot cake....oh yum...is all I can say. We went 2 times for lunch on our visit because there are so many menu choices.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

That is the perfect place for huge portion, cheap food and delicious meals. I prefer Reuben's Smoked meat sandwich 100x more than Shwart's ones. The one on McGill College Avenue / Sainte-Catherine Street West is super great! You enter in the building, go downstairs, it's all red velvet, oldy style, super cute! I would recommend this place for anyone who wants to eat amazing smoked meat sandwich at very great price!