“Holiday Brunch Extravaganza”
Review of Kitchenette

Kitchenette
Reserve with OpenTable
Kitchenette is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #341 of 5,711 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Seafood, French, European, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: The Village (Gay Village)
Cross street: Panet
Transit: Beaudry metro station on the Green Line. Exit Ste-Catherine St, turn left and walk one block to Panet St. Turn right, and walk one block to Rene-Levesque. We are on the corner!
Montreal, QC
“Holiday Brunch Extravaganza”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

When we heard that chef Nick Hodge was doing a special, pre-holiday, Texas-style brunch at Kitchenette, we didn't think twice about being part of this experience.

We showed up for the 12:30 service to find the restaurant packed, a first for us here.

The $38 holiday brunch menu consisted of seven courses of Texan/Southern specialties, right down chef Hodge's alley. We are not fans of the term "food coma" and find that people use it too frivolously, but if ever we were to use it, today would be the perfect occasion.

Today's brunch certainly attests to the saying "everything is bigger in Texas". Great Southern classics with minor additions/twists will not disappoint you. Try not to miss it next year; it'll be a refreshing change from your weekly eggs and pastries brunch.

• Visited December 2012

Montreal, Canada
“We are definitely going back”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was a fabulous gem located in the Gay Village just a bit south of downtown Montreal. The menu very cajun but with a trendy flair. My piece of christmas log actually had a santa, sleigh and reindeer atop! The PO Boy chicken burger was to die for. Perfectly deep fried with just the right amount of spice. Not too hot but enough. I had these beautifully executed sweet mashed potatoes rolled and deep fried with a crispy coating. My partner had the Kitchenette burger. Both of us kept saying how good it was. The service too was impeccable. We are definitely going back to sample some of the other things on the menu.

• Visited December 2012
Montreal, Canada
“They had me at Chicken Fried...”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

On top of the food being excellent it is also fun and entertaining. Miniature Po Boys served on miniature picnic tables.

• Visited November 2012
“Very good”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I went with a group of ladies for a night out. I was disappointed that I had carefully chosen my meal and after I ordered, the server came back to tell me that there wasn't anymore of appetizer. The appetizer I ordered instead was quite spicy - but there was nothing on the menu to indicate it. That got me off on the wrong foot.
My main course was fine and come dessert time, she again told us (at least as we were ordering and not after) that there was no Mississipi mud pie. I ordered the Cracker Jack dessert and it was delicious.
Overall, it was fun, but since it's not really my kind of preferred food, I wouldn't go back.

• Visited September 2012
“Great food and service”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Love I. Great food, great wine. Can't get better service anywhere else thanks to Sophie. If you in the summer, you have to taste the lobster roll. Fridays, is fish and chips..... Delicious. Anything you order will be good. I eat there at least once a month.

• Visited October 2012