“Wow!”

Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
United States
“Wow!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We went to this restaurant on a recent trip to Montreal. Although we were there three weeks ago, I'm still thinking about the meal we had. The service was impeccable, the food was seriously out of this world, and the atmosphere was perfect. My husband, stepson and I all got different appetizers, main courses and desserts so we could try different things. The duck tartare, while initially sounding too strange to be true, was one of the most delicious things I've ever eaten in my life. The desserts, which often fall short at restaurants, were possibly the highlight of the meal. Bring a few good bottles of wine (they don't have a wine list there) and get ready for a seriously amazing evening.

• Visited October 2013

Palm Springs, CA
“A Wonderful Dining experience”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Our reservation was for 6:30 PM and our tour was running late. The hotel manager called to hold our table. The service, food and pricing was exceptional. We were seated next to a wine sales-rep who was very impressed by our bottle of French wine brought from the states. Do not miss this gourmet opportunity when in Montrreal.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank PSDuvall
Honolulu, Hawaii
“I can understand the high ranking”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Sept 25
What a highlight of our trip! This neighborhood resto is not only difficult to find (even for our montréalais driver/guide), but definitely non-touristy. We arrived 30" late but the resto held our coveted tables to insure we, 12 persons, were seated right away. Every table was taken giving this eatery a frenetic vibe. The chalkboard menus for lunch and dinner were so creative and salivating.
They have a fixed price, 2-course menu of the day for $20 Cdn + $5 for the dessert, pp. I thoroughly enjoyed my beef tartare and omble chevalier (artic char) plus the pudding chomeur with choc-raspberry sauce.
Our guide provided the local beer as this is a BYOB place.
We could have easily stayed another hour.

Visited September 2013
Lynn, Massachusetts
“Foodies delight! Wonderful! Worth finding!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We dined here based on Trip Advisor reviews & it was even better than we hoped. We drove from our hotel & it took a bit to find but we were able to find parking on the street not too far away. Small place & was full. We were seated immediately & when the waitress saw we had brought a bottle of champagne immediately switched out the wine glasses for flutes without our even asking her. Also brought a chill bucket to keep cold. Menu is written in French on a blackboard but our waitress must have detected our Bostonian accent & read us each menu item as well as explained how it was prepared. We chose the table d'hote menu & it also came w/a chilled cantaloupe gazpacho to start. Perfect--not a puree but a soup. Delicious. I had the perfect scallop & my friend had the foie gras. Again, delicious. We also brought a bottle of red wine & the server brought over 2 wine glasses for us as she cleared the flutes & saved the bit of champagne for dessert. Nice. I had the veal chop & it came overdone. But again, server took away & the one replacing it was cooked to perfection. Very large chop on the bone & it melted in my mouth. My friend opted for the saddle of rabbit that was garnished with brussell sprouts. He hadn't had rabbit for a long time & said it was delicious. For dessert: I had the chocolate marquise & he had the lemon curd dessert. Both of had cappuccino. Waitress came over w/2 fresh flutes so we could enjoy the last of our champagne. This place is a gem and a foodies delight! It was worth finding in a neighborhood that was off the beaten track. Yes, the place is small, it's noisy but knowing this up front wasn't a problem. It's also casual dress. The food is worth finding this place. We have been talking about this place since we dined there & can't wait to go again when we return to Montreal. When you know you will be going to Montreal, call for reservations & go here. You will not be disappointed. It's wonderful!

• Visited September 2013
Dunstable, Bedfordshire, England
“Great food, just needs to watch the service...”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous food here last night; octopus and bison tartare starters just excellent, and the fillet of beef was superb. Best food in Montreal his week, only let down a little by our waitress who forgot requests to bring our BYO drinks from their fridge twice, and also forgot to bring our bill. I'm sure she was busy but little things matter.

Visited August 2013