“Outstanding meal, Great Overall Experience”

Restaurant Le Quartier General
Ranked #71 of 6,033 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I finally visited the "Quartier General" after trying to book for the past month.

First thing's first, if you are planning to go for diner on Friday, Saturday .... "Make a Reservation", you may actually need to make it a few weeks in advance .. .but ... it will be worth it.

One of the major plus is the BYOB, It lowers the overall price and it makes the evening more enjoyable.

Their "table d'hote" (includes soup / salad, Appetizer, Main disk, desert) for $12 on top of the main dish is an excellent offer. (you will be pleased to do so).

My spouse had the soup and I took the salad, Her soup (cauliflower) was excellent and my green salad with a hint of maple sugar was a very good start to a nice evening.

We continued with the "pulled pork croquette" and the Scallop both were exquisite.

For the main dish I decided on the Massachusetts Lotte (Bur-bot - fish) wish was so well presented and tasty, it was a real joy.

My spouse decided on the beef 1855, which actually melted in the mouth again the presentation and the fixings were just amazing.

After all that we had a "Lemon Curd" and an "Apple Croustade" to close the meal.

The croustade was one of the best ever,

All of this was a very enjoyable meal which cost less than $100 (for a 4 course service) (wine and service not included).

The things you need to know .....

The food is amazing
This is a small restaurant with +/- 40 to 50 seats ... It is noisy and you will be seated close to someone else.
The service is first class, all the staff is pleasant eager to please and do everything in their power to make it an evening to remember
Finally, Parking is not easy ... You are on the "Plateau" so be ready to look for a place to park.

We will be back real soon for more enjoyment.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

The food is delicious and the presentation is a work of art! The value is outstanding, as the meal is top quality and the price is very good. Book a few weeks i advance if you want a weekend reservation. It is that popular and for very good reason. I have gone at least five times and have never been disappointed!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife and I had a great meal for lunch. I ate better than she did. i ate a beef steak with french fries and she had fish. We selected from the specials for the day and as appetizer I had leak prepared in a very special way and my wife had stuffed calamari. The French bread is wonderful.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We went there, 2 couples who enjoyed a very professional and smiling service with amazingly presented and prepared food. The ratio quality/quantity/price is pretty good. We left the restaurant charmed by the simplicity of the place and the pleasure employees working there were irradiating. One little flaw, far too noisy (we could hardly hear what the waitress was saying).

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We eat here occasionally and really like the cosy, simple but charming place with its varnished wood tables, lots of daylight and very fresh, yummy, mostly French or French-inspired dishes ..served with delicious, crusty baguette. And house-made desserts are not to be missed.

This year, during the Montréal en Lumière fest their lunch was both excellent and excellent value, at $25 for 3-courses.

1  Thank innaMontreal