“Good service and great tasting food”

Restaurant Deli 500
Ranked #1,356 of 5,724 Restaurants in Montreal
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Description: Deli 500 opened its doors to the public for the first time on October 20, 1998. The creative idea was to open a restaurant where customers are excited about what they would order. At Deli-500 we offer a wide range of choices, our hearty breakfasts, our bread cookedfresh daily, our famous smoke-meat and our display of delicious desserts.Whether you have a small or a big appetite, Deli-500 is appreciated at any time of day. We strive to make your visit unforgettable. We continue our commitment to your satisfaction, and we invite you to join us for breakfast, lunch, dinner or for a dessert.
highland, NY
“Good service and great tasting food”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I had a Gyro on pita and it was great. Others in my group had burgers are everything was great. Next door to Holiday inn where we stayed. Love it.

Visited August 2012

• Polish first
keepureyeontheprize
“Great Value Amazing Service”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This cafe is in the bottomof an office building and it is amazing!!!!!!! We had breakfast there each morning and not only was the food great, it was quick and cheap and the server was amazing. She remember us on our second visit...amazing!!!!!
Thank you for a great dining experience when we return to Montreal we will be back

• Visited August 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Really slow and bad service, average food”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We decided to go to Deli 500 since we were in the area early in the morning. We arrived at around 10:15am and wanted to grab a quick breakfast. There was a total of 6 tables being occupied including ours. There was 1 waitress and she was SLOW. I can understand that she was alone, but 3 out of 6 of the tables were already eating, so I didn't understand why it took so long. We didn't get our menus until about 10 minutes after we were seated. We were 7 adults plus 1 child, but we were only given 2 menus. After another 10 minutes, she finally came by and took our orders. A couple of minutes later, she left a hot pot of coffee on our table. We figured that she wasn't coming back, so we poured our own coffee. I asked for a tea and waited another 5 minutes before getting it. We got our food not too long after that and it was just okie. It's really nothing to brag about. Our eggs were very runny and lacked seasoning. I had to eat super fast since we paid for parking and the meter was up. Overall, I can understand if the restaurant was very busy that the service would be slow, but it was just the 6 tables the whole time. Also, management should have more than 1 waitress on the floor if she can't handle that many customers at once. Therefore, it's not surprising to say that we're not coming back.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Wonco
Dennis M, Manager at Restaurant Deli 500, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear client,

Sorry for this incovenience, we have used your comments as an example to our staff. We also made adjustments to better serve our clients on our off days.

Hope you decide to come again and we will be glad to take care of you.

Dennis M.
Where I am
“Great value”
Reviewed October 30, 2011

We were staying almost next door at the Delta Montreal and found this to be a great breakfast alternative to the hotel. It's open 6 am-7 pm Monday to Friday, 7 am-2 pm on Saturdays and closed Sundays. Breakfast options are extrememly varied and start at just $3.95.

We had your basic bacon and egg breakfast with a very attentive server. I had ordered my bacon well done and when it came it wasn't done enough for me. Before I had the chance to mention it to him, he came back to check that the bacon was sufficiently cooked and brought it back nice and crispy when I indicated that I needed cooked more.

Coffee was included in the price of the meal and we added fresh orange juice as well. Two adults ate a full breakfast for $20. They also have a varied menu for lunch and early dinners.

• Visited October 2011
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent food. Excellent value”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Went to eat here for a business lunch meeting. We ate from their daily menu which served a delicious roast leg of lamb for under 12$ that included soup,coffee and dessert. It was great! Service was really good. Would return for sure!

• Visited July 2011