“Wonderful Way to Experience Montreal”

Montreal On Wheels / Ca Roule Montreal
Montreal Bike Tour with Bites
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Start you bike tour from the best site in the city : Historic Old Montreal ! We are located in the old town, right one the bike path. Discover Montreal's top rated provider of innovative and creative guided bike tours. Bike the city from all angles.Designed by our team of professional guides, our bike tours unveil a paradoxical, unique and seductive city.You will discover Montreal's history, its neighborhoods, its architecture, as well as its more unusual and more intimate aspects. Our guides are fully certified, licensed and specially-trained to lead biking groups. Do a 3 or 4-hour guided bike tour of Montreal's highlights! And after your tour, discover by yourself other parts of the the city as the bike rental is valid until our closing time, You may also rent a bike from Montreal's largest rental center. Choose from 150 bikes to rent for adults and children, such as: comfort-hybrids, tourings, cruisers, road bikes, tandems and child trailers. All rentals include our own detailed map of the city bike trails.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family of 5 went on the "Classic" Tour led by Bruno on a busy Friday morning in Montreal, and for many of us, it was the highlight of our 5 day stay in Montreal! There are many stops along the way, including some special "secret Bruno" stops where you get to see some amazing things in Montreal you would have never otherwise witnessed! Listen to all of Bruno's suggestions for things to do; we ate at a great restaurant per his suggestion and enjoyed the Tam Tams festival in Mont Royal park later that weekend. Montreal on Wheels definitely did not disappoint; don't miss it!

1  Thank amy c

Reviewed July 8, 2013

A group of 7 of us rented bikes, used the bike map and directions given us and loved the Montreal Bike Paths. We got to see the City from a whole new perspective. It was easy in and easy check out. The bike rental included helmets, bike pump, very good bikes and lock. The personnel was very helpful, easy to deal with and this place is located in Old Montreal. I would highly recommend this location and organization. we rented bikes for the day and it was about $35. Perfect. Montreal has the best bike paths I have ever seen.

1  Thank Bill M
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We took the bus to this location. Easy to find on commune street EAST. I was worried because I didn't get a chance to confirm the day before. Left a few messages the night before and early in the morning. I was worried for nothing. They honored my viator tickets. Super friendly and helpful staff. It was a 4-hour tour early in the morning. I recommend early in the morning unless you like afternoon sun. Less people on the roads too. We had a bagel stop! Nice and warm! Delish! Our tour guide was great! I forgot her name :( She was from France and we were her first :) She was a history buff. Very helpful and informative! She didn't lose us. Always making sure we were all together. Recommended restaurants and places to see. Thank you very much! Great city to bike in. Would recommend this bike place.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My two teenagers and I rented bikes from Ca Roule Montreal on a very busy Canada Day in the Old Montreal district. In spite of how busy they were, the folks at Ca Roule got us bikes very quickly, adjusted the seats, gave us a map and suggested the route to take along the Lachine Canal. They were very helpful. I ride regularly but my teens don't. The bikes were 24-speed hybrids with comfortable seats. The trail along the canal is an easy ride, very picturesque along the canal. We rented after 2pm when a half-day is significantly cheaper. Thinking we wouldn't need the bikes even for a half-day though, we rented by the hour and were gone just over an hour. It was a good break from the usual tourist routine and we got some good exercise too. The price was very reasonable. The folks at Ca Roule checked our bikes back in quickly when we returned and even restored my water bottle to me that I had inadvertently left on the bike! Overall, it was a fun experience. I highly recommend Ca Roule. You will not be disappointed!

1  Thank Joli_Papillon
Reviewed July 3, 2013

When I was in Montreal for a professional conference, my friend and I wanted to see some of the city by bike. While the 30 minute rental was appealing, we were concerned we wouldn't be able to find a check in point on the two islands south of Montreal, places we wanted to ride. We had toyed with a tour through Montreal on Wheels, but when we learned they could take up to 100 people at once, that didn't sound so fun. We opted to rent bikes for an hourly rate, which was great, as we didn't know how long we'd ride. We ended up being out 4 hours, the two islands were gorgeous, the trails were well maintained, and we skipped touring the city to see nature. Though, I must say, I saw many bikes throughout the city.

The bike was in OK shape, though be warned that there are no shock absorbers and the trails can be bumpy! We got a helmet and lock and a bungee to put things on the back of the bike, and that was all we needed. The staff was friendly and accommodating, and I sensed that if I didn't like my bike, they would have exchanged it for another, no questions asked. At a daily rate of around $30 (US), I felt it was a bargain!

André G, Owner at Montreal On Wheels / Ca Roule Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. we always appreciate comments from our clients.

I just want to make two clarifications: 1) "30 minute rental": I believe that you are making reference to the Montreal's public city bikes ( the "Bixis"). There is still a lot of confusion about that system for the Montreal's visitors. The Bixi is for short rides only ( less than 30 minutes) with a heavy 3 gear bike. And it is not 7$ for 24 hrs ! The 7$ is a membership fee valid for 24 hrs to which will be added rental charges. Note: after 1,5hr of continuous riding, the rate becomes 7$ for each 30 minutes !
The Bixi service is a taxi service: shot rides only or otherwise very expensive. Too many times i see visitors sitting at a outdoor cafe having their lunch, their Bixis next to them with the meter running at 7$ every 30 minutes !
So if a visitor is in town and wants to go from one museum to the next one, the Bixi is a good option. But if a visitor want to explore Montreal unique extensive bike path network, our bike rental service is a better and cheaper option ( starting at 28$ plus txs for a full day including 21 or 24 gear comfort hybrid bike, helmet, lock and our own Montreal's bike path map.

2) Guided bike tour for 100 persons : we do not have bike tours for 100 persons . You are probably making reference to our website where it is mentionned that we take group uo tp 100 persons but that is for our "BIKE RIDES WITH LEADERS" and not for our "GUIDED BIKE TOURS". Our bike rides with leaders are designed for our large school groups (the 100 participants are subdivided in many smaller groups). The maximum number of participants for our Guided bike tour is 13 !.

Hope these clarifications will be useful to our Montreal's visitors.

Best Regards