“Barely Average”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I went last night to La Medusa with 3 other people. I have been to La Medusa before and was happy with the service / food - this time, not so much.

Once seated we were given some pizza and black olives (compliments of the house) - most Italian restaurants do that, if we didn't receive it, no love would have been lost. I ordered melon and prosciutto, it was very good. As my main (and another guest at my table), I ordered Spaghetti Carbornara. It was barely passable. I don't know how they make it there but they should revert back to old school recipe. It was more brothy than any pasta should ever be, there was hardly any egg (use the whole egg!!). We asked for flat regular tap water, we got bottled water, even when we said something - nothing changed.

Overall, no one was happy. There are far better Italian restaurants in Montreal than La Medusa - little Italy, Bishop street, Hudson ... My money and time will no longer be spent there.

2  Thank Melissa C

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Excellent Italian food. very accomodating for people with allergies like me. Food was fabulous Amazing wine selection. Good downtown location

Reviewed February 15, 2013

The manager or owner not sure of his title but he is great, I sat down they greeted me with some suggestions and then offered to let the chef make my wife and I dinner without ordering.....One dish was a fresh fish and the other a veal dish, wife is not much of a fan of veal and she ate my entire meal and I ate her fish. The experience was outstanding!

I have not been to this place in over 6-months but returning this Friday night for an equal or better experience if that is possible.

As a US English speaking citizen the waiters and owners made it easier for us to communicate. But I'm still a Boston Bruins fan....

Cheers,
Brian

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I went as part of a staff office party and we were in a private room. They have an interesting wine cellar with a broad selection - very impressive. The wine served with our meal was better than average.
The waiters were dressed far too casually, in fact there was nothing to identify them as wait staff other than the fact they were delivering food.
Service was attentive, food was average.
I am looking forward to visiting them again on my next trip to Montréal and sampling their broader menu.
Interesting pictures of visiting celebrities on display.

1  Thank David M
Reviewed October 7, 2012

A little expensive but the food was good quality and the service was excellent. Although the French speaking waiter had difficulty with the language once he realised that we were English, he made a great effort to explain the menu to us in English.