“Visse cacher”

Komiko
Ranked #3,794 of 5,711 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Neighborhood: Quartier des Spectacles
Description: Komiko serves both traditional and creative Japanese food, provides a calm, refreshing ambiance for customers to enjoy a quality evening with friends and families.
Laval, Canada
“Visse cacher”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Dirty place, very dirty toilet for wich i can personaly say that if you go to a place where the place everybody likes the least to clean is super clean, you can entirely trust what is in the kitchen and this place is not trustable.

We ordered sushi and received what we call jr sushi (little bits).

This place is a total scam and a total rip-off.

They will charge you the service fee directly on the bill and will not let you choose how much to give them.

The law says that under 8 people, you don't have the right to charge on the bill.

I will never go back to that place.

P.s. If you like "goberge" or cheap "crab meat" this place is for you.

If you are from out of town or country and would like to try something in montreal, please, don't waste you time and money, the coupon is not worth the detour.

4 Thank stephane s

“They called the police on us”
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

The punch line...they even    CALLED THE POLICE   on us!!!

First paragraph is opinion on restaurant, second is where the fun began.

So we decided to try out this restaurant, because we like all you can eat sushi. It was really cold in there..after putting my coat and asking 2 times to put some heat that they said they "would think about it" The service was terribly slow. we had to wait close to an hour before each order, and the place wasn't even packed!! Once the food was on the table..the sushi had not fresh ingredients. The rice was not even holding up and it was not sushi rice! The brochettes were awfully dry and tasteless. The tempura and everything that was deep fried was dripping of oil. Talk about finishing your order..ouf! Our glasses of water were filled only once after the initial one in two and a half hours.

The moment came when my friend decided to pay for the table. She was typing how much she would tip..the waiter was over looking on the machine and had the GUTS to tell her that that amount is not enough! She looked at him and explain to him that he should be better off listening to her on how to improve the service but instead he was continuing on trying to persuade her on giving more money. It was at this point that her irritation came to a climax. He said that the restaurant is taxed and there is a law that customers have to pay at least 8% of their bill. She kept her calm and simply said to the waiter to correct the amount for the tip and decided to give him zilch. I then got up to join her at the cash. That is when he decided to call the police on us! He had the audacity to say this "I was people were that "DO NOT WANT TO PAY" of course we paid for our food. He then said that the police is coming and we could leave if we wanted to at our responsibility. He had the record of my friend's credit card so that made her uncomfortable to just leave. I know the law and there is NO law that obligates people to give any amount of money for tip if the group in the restaurant is less than 8. We were three. So I just said bye bye and we left. Our car was parked in front of the joint and my friend absolutely wanted me to wait for the cops so that is what we did. An hour later, the police drive up next to my car, we slide our windows down. I identify myself and the officer tells me that we can safely drive home and they excused themselves for the arriving late. The police told us that spoke to the waiter that called and gave him a warning for calling for irrelevant reasons.

Now that clears some rumors on tipping huh! So don't get your hopes up by going there.

5 Thank F3k
Montreal, Canada
“Watch out for the service charge. Sub-par Sushi, better options on St-Denis”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My excuse for going is a coupon for half price. and their pictures on their website are amazing.
$10 for all you can eat sushi? How bad can it be, pretty bad.

I came with low expectations after reading some of the reviews and a lot of them proved true.

They water down the soya sauce, their portions are tiny, whether it's the sashimi or the Maki rolls which are just slim slivers. The shrimp tempura and beef teriyaki were pretty good.

The most disappointing thing was the limited selection, we had just about all the of the variety and had some items twice since there was nothing left to try.

It's pretty empty and the decors are tacky, (not my main concern).

The service was better than in most AYCE sushi joints, probably due to it being quiet.
I don't mind having Chinese people serving Japanese food, but I do mind having a 15% service charge tacked onto my bill, I was not aware they added it on before presenting me with the machine and I tipped an extra 15% on top.

Enjoy your extra $3, it's the last time you'll get any of it from me.

St-Denis is really becoming a sushi mecca, with at least 6 or 7 sushi joints in the more festive part of the Latin Quarter. ( Komiko is located in a more dingy part of the street, below St-Catherine ). There is no real reason for this place to exist.

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank mustsell
Montreal, Canada
“It doesn't matter if it's not an actual japanese restaurant, the food is tasty!”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Decent place and delicious food. Very good service and staff. Great price!

• Visited May 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Not a Japanese restaurent”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

We choosed the sushi buffet, which has a regular price for $19.99 (but most of the food you can't order), VIP price is $23.99 you can order everything from the menu(no dessert at all!). If you want tea or something to drink, you need to pay extra. The food is so so, not the really Japanese sushi, add a lot of oyster favour sauce on each plate. It took a long time to bring each plate order, even though we had ordered a long time ago and there were only 4 tables at that time. The waiter or waitress didn't tell us what's the food name when they bought the plates to the table. We had no idea it was the good order or not, but we were so hungry and empty each small plate quickly. After one hour waiting, we only got 4 small entrees, and there were no more food bringing in. Suddenly the waitress came to told us she miss placing our order with another table and asked us to reorder from the menu. Meanwhile she bought us 2 plates which the teriyaki beef and meat balls were cold . I asked her were these 2 plates were bought from another table since I saw her took away some orders from antoher table 10 minutes ago. She admitted it and offered bringing both plates to warm them up. I were not sure the food were clean or not, since my stomach suffering from a lot of acid the day after. Also at the end, the waitress gave us the bill with 15% serive charge including. ( I think I should have the right to decide how to tip them according to their service)

• Visited January 2012