“Great place for quick stop”

Espace Cafe & Espresso Bar
Ranked #87 of 5,976 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Description: Popular Espresso Bar, serves up freshly baked croissants, chocolatines etc, breakfast egg sandwiches, good selection of panini and salad combos, and of course the best espresso around!
Reviewed August 21, 2013

If you are walking around Old Montreal and need to recharge, this is the place to do it. Friendly and quick service and good food and drinks.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed at a nearby 5* hotel but took breakfast here every morning. Easily the best coffee in Montreal; proper espresso and capuccino, not the usual american style brew muddy water stuff. Pastries are good too.

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

The decor of the coffee bar itself is fairly common. However the staff livens the place up and makes the place feel warm and welcomes you into the place like you are an old friend. I wanted to try local Quebec maple syrup and the owner went out of his way to make it happen! The croissants were flaky like the ones you get in Paris. All of us enjoyed the food and time spent before our departure back to the states. When I left I felt like I left an old friend!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

The owner is very friendly...makes even us tourists feel very welcome. Food is delicious and well priced. Highly recommend it.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and i arrived in Montreal just in time for lunch. We had lanned to go here for lunch on our irst day in Montreal based on the reviews. We were not disappointed. We are greeted with huge smiles from he staff and owner. My wife ordered a chicken pesto sandwhich and i ordered the proscutto with cheese. The bread is what makes these sandwiches so good. I finished with a capuccino which was also excellent. A must stop for a great lunch at a great price. I will return.