“Not Bad”

Ranked #115 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Toronto, Canada
“Not Bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2008

I stayed at the Days Inn with a group of about 30 people that traveled from Newfoundland to attend the Bodog Battle of the Bands. All of us between the age range of 18-30. The first night there was great, and same with the second night. We celebrated the chance of making it big with the Bodog battle. But the third night, for some reason the hotel management put a group of 12 year olds on a ski trip on a floor with 30 young adults. Then threatened to kick us out if we didn't keep it down. Keep in mind, we were in our hotel rooms on the opposite side of the hotel.

So we agreed to keep it down, we weren't hard to get along with - but it made absolutely NO sence why they would do this. 12 year old children and bands celebrating do not mix.

The food however was AMAZING. The little restaurant service was above and beyond awesome, and the food was perfectly delicious.

For the price we paid, it was worth it. But management needs to re think where they book people on each floor.

• Liked — The location and the food.
  • Disliked — The vomit on the carpets, the internet not working often
  • Stayed February 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Korean first
Ottawa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2008

This was my worst experience in a hotel. I decided to choose this hotel because it was cheaper. But it ended up costing me more. We arrived at the hotel and it looked okay but then I went to the washroom and the toilet wouldn't flush so I called the front desk and they sent a maintenance guy. Well he ended up coming 3-4 times and spending the night in our room. The toilet still wouldn't flush, the bathtub would not drain and the air conditionning was not working (and it was a hot night). In the mini fridge we found stuff from the previous people, and found garbabge under the bed. Also, there were bugs. I was sick of staying in this hotel. So I called a friend and he agreed to come pick us up in montreal. So we had to pay 3 hours of gas, and I asked the front desk to not charge my credit card but when I got my credit card statement they charged me MORE than the usual cost of the room. SO now I have to fight to get my money back.

BAD experience. NOT recommended AT ALL.

• Liked — The maintenance guy was very patient and apologetic
  • Disliked — They charged me even though I asked them not too because I was leaving on account of terrible room conditions
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank SamanthaOttawa
DaysMontreal, Front Office Manager at Hotel Chrome Montreal Centre-Ville, responded to this review, August 5, 2008
On behalf of the Days Inn Montreal Downtown team, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our hotel. Please allow me to address the concerns that you expressed.

We take great pride in our high standards of cleanliness. For the past 4 consecutive years, we have won the Chairman Award from the Days Inn Brand for the quality and excellence of service, maintenance and housekeeping. I want to assure you that our hotel staff is highly trained to handle any maintenance issues reported and all rooms are inspected before our guests check in. It may occur that problems arise while a guest is occupying the room, and unfortunately, this was what happened in your case. Unfortunately, while you were occupying the room, the toilet flush broke, and the air conditioning stopped working. As I can read in your comment, you did appreciate the work of our maintenance staff that went to your room fix the problems.

For the other issues, I’m really disappointed to hear that they weren’t addressed to our Guest Service Manager upon your arrival. Action would have been taken by our staff. The inspection of your room mentioned no mosquitoes on the lamp ball, but I brought this issue to our housekeeping manager to make sure there is a double verification for the future.

The charge on your credit card, like I mentioned to you on the phone, was following the case report of our Housekeeping and Maintenance Manager issued after your departure, and the information provided to me by the employees working that night. What I regret to read, is the fact you had problems getting refunded. As per our phone conversation, on July 14th, I sincerely believed in your good faith and without hesitation, I fully refunded your credit card on the spot.

Once again, let me apologize for the inconvenience. My hope is that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you, and demonstrate the high quality of service we have become known for.

Travelers are raving about these Montreal hotels

Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2008

good hotel, great location, near latin quarter, old town and chinatown, just few bus stop from the train station.
We actually requested to change the standard non smoking double room we booked because of some smell of cigarette, and the staff, without even checking, they moved us to a mini suite room without paying any difference of course. They gave us informations and map and they were very corteous. Room was confortable and clean

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing in particular
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Brazil
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2008

Good location, near Sta. Catarina av..
But I had dsome problems with my room
I travelled with my husband and my mom. We booked 2 rooms for 4 nights. Upon arrival, we were placed in 2 smoking rooms when we had asked for non smoking. The windows did not open in the room and the smell of smoke was terrible.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — smell
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank Marta Beatriz Z
Manitoba, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2008

I had been to Montreal a couple of times before but the hotel where I had stayed one before was closed down. My wife and I decided on booking through Tripadvisor at this hotel based on reviews on other travelers and the location of the hotel. It was an overall good experience. We spent little time in the hotel so do not have any complaints. The room was great (we had the king suite) which was more affordable than a lot of regular rooms at other downtown hotels.

• Liked — great location
  • Disliked — no pool on-site
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2008

The hotel is easy to find and perfect location. It was within walking distance to all the places we wanted to go. Rooms are on the smaller side but not too crowded. Front desk was quick and efficient and friendly. Parking is just across the street and very reasonably priced ($12 for the weekend). Rooms were clean and comfortable. There seemed to be a lot of groups on our floor but once in the room we never heard any noise from other rooms. Overall, a great stay.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
SEPTANJT016
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2008

I'm writing, probably the newest review of the Days Inn Montreal Downtown, that anyone here for the New Year of 2008. I have to say that this place is really decent-- service was excellent, cleanliness was a great plus but there was one problem for me, here. Location. Despite being on a huge throughfare, Rene-Levesque, the location was horrible in terms of being near a Metro station (Champ-De-Mars). Despite what everyone says about being close to Berri-UQAM and Champ-De-mars Metro, the walk down Rene-Levesque is a bit of a hike and to Champ-De-Mars, the walk is a bit sketchy. Mind you, I was walking from Champ-De-Mars to the hotel at arond 6 PM, and I had to turn around to see who was behind me, depsite being from New York City. Don't get me wrong, Montreal is a great place to be in and I absolutely love it but the area around here, is a bit sketchy at best. Overall, Days Inn Montreal is a great place to stay in for the price that I got at 82.80$ a night. So, when I go back, this place is definitely worth going back to.

Stayed January 2008