“Good bang for your buck”

Hotel Chrome Montreal Centre-Ville
Ranked #114 of 166 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights.

The hotel is located in downtown Montreal within walking distance of shopping, bars and entertainment. Its a quick walk to St. Catherine Street, St. Laurant etc.

Check in was was easy and quick. Our room on the 6th floor was clean, the sheets were clean and fresh, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was clean and had all the basic stuff like soap, shampoo etc. The room decor is a bit outdated and there is no LCD TV which is not a big deal. We never even used the TV and decor although old, it was clean.

Cleaning staff were nice and provided us clean towels on request.

The elevators were fast and and reliable.

We were on the 6th floor and there was no ice machine there. There was an ice machine on the 3rd floor which worked great and had lots of ice.

The hotel does not offer self parking only valet parking for $20/day which is a bargain. Trust me you are not going to find cheaper or closer parking any where (I checked). The hotel parking lot is outdoor and indoor. The outdoor parking lot is shared with the police department parking lot which made me feel very safe leaving my car there.

There was free internet in the room. I used to to connect to work and the VPN connection was fast and reliable for the most part.

I know someone mentioned drunks and gangsters at night, well if you are walking around china town or any where downtown Montreal you will see drunks and party people. They are harmless and I never ever felt scared or uncomfortable. You need to be street smart and aware of your surroundings any where including Montreal.

If you are a light sleeper, you may want to bring ear plugs as the street noise may get a bit loud but again it was not a problem for me.

In conclusion, if you want to stay in Montreal close to entertainment, food and attractions and don't want to spend a lot of money this hotel is perfect. It's clean and and staff are friendly. I would rate it at a 3.5 out of 5.

Room Tip: If booking on Priceline, hotwire or one of these hidden hotel deals, make sure you call the hotel in...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
DaysMontreal, Front Desk Supervisor at Hotel Chrome Montreal Centre-Ville, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear CoronaBoy,

Thank you again for staying with us. We hope to have you again with us on your next trip to Montreal!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

The hotel is pretty clean and comfortable. My only issue was that I bought my stay via Hotwire, and at some point I had problems to stay on the dates I bought, and neither the hotel or the trip cancellation insurance that I bought gave me any chance to change my stay dates. So I had to figured out what to do and cancel a medical appointment. Other than that, everything was ok.

Room Tip: The double bed is amazing!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is clean for the hotel class it is in. Perfect for family's. At first I was skeptical but was pleasantly surprised. Upon checking in to the room we had booked online, I had peeled back the sheets and fitted sheet exposing a big black what I would assume to be coffee? (I hope) stain that took up a fairly large portion of the mattress. We went to front desk and the one young man was very polite in getting us a diffrent room. However the woman behind front desk was talking infrench to him snapping about what was going on. It was fairly obvious that she was and it was not in a nice just curious way. Dont think that because i dont speak french i am stupid, you wouldnt want to sleep in the stained bed so dont be disrespectful if i bring it to the attention of the hotel that i dont want to. The second room was much much cleaner. No problems with it :) I felt safe in the hotel and out front of it when I went to smoke at night. People on front desk are bilingual and for the most part had very good English. If I was in the area I would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I booked this hotel based on reviews we'd read but was very disappointed with the service and my room. The bathroom floor looked like it hadn't been thoroughly cleaned in quite some time, the grout was black but clearly was ment to be white. The counter in the bath room was split all along the edge and the inside was swelling out from the moisture, the sink had a huge crack and my towels were horribly frayed with holes large enough to easily put your fingers through. The review we read said it was close to St. Caroline which had great stores and restaurants. WRONG! The management sent us that way to get to the shopping and we were terrified by the drunks, hookers and gang looking groups everywhere. At least the beds were comfortable and the pillows seemed fairly new. The "free" Wi-fi never worked. The A/C unit rattled so badly all night we barely got any sleep. Because we booked through Expedia they wouldn't give us a receipt for our stay and were just generally very rude and unhelpful. It was reasonably priced and close to "Old Montreal" but I don't think I'd ever book there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Luv2Cruise51
DaysMontreal, Front Desk Supervisor at Hotel Chrome Montreal Centre-Ville, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Luv2Cruise51,

Thank you for taking some time out of your schedule to write us a review. We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations and value your feedback importantly as it helps us improve our service. Shopping on Ste-Catherine Street and the Eaton Centre is nearby the hotel. We do agree that some parts of town may seem more seedy and hope in your understanding that it does not reflect Montreal's downtown shopping district.

Please accept our warmest regards,
The Days Inn Team

Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Our stay for one night and it was $80/night. Fair priced but room was stinky although it was a non smoking room. Double beds were uncomfortable and at 9:30 am cleaning lady started vacuuming corridor that woke us up. Poor service fair price safe neighborhood since it is located across police station. Do not pay $23 parking per night since there's plenty of street parking and hotel also parks your car outdoor.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank kozin58
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Booked in here because of the reasonable price.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. I was totally satisfied with the whole experience there, with one problem- there was some kind of air fresher or other fragrance which smelled awful and made it feel like a bit of a seedy hotel. I realize different people feel differently about that kind of thing (fabreeze? glade?) but it definitely was a minus.

Other than that the staff was fine and I slept well.

As for the location, Rene Levesque ain't great. I would say go here for a conference or something but if you have other options there is no need to be on basically an urban highway. Also that part of St Catherine is extremely seedy so a few hundred meters in either direction would probably be nicer for an evening stroll or dinner.

Nonetheless, for what I paid and what my needs were I was satisfied.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We were initially a bit disappointed that we could only book a Days Inn Hotel for the time we wanted to stay in Montreal. We were hoping for a bit more "luxury" but were very pleasantly surprised by our accommation. Unfortunately, alongside the hotel there is presently a demolition / building site but we saw lots of this in this area of Montreal. The lobby area and in particular the mats and furnishings of the lobby were a bit shabby but when we got to our room it was a large airy room with a refurbished pleasant bathroom.

I must mention how friendly and helpful the front desk gentleman Eric, and his colleague were. Eric directed us to good eateries and interesting things to do in Montreal and generally gave us information that we needed. His manner was very nice and kind at all times and he represented his hotel well.

I will not be concerned again when booking Days Inn which proved to be a lucky find.

• Stayed: August 2012
DaysMontreal, Front Desk Supervisor at Hotel Chrome Montreal Centre-Ville, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Hi Fergus46,

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are happy to learn that we were able to exceed your expectations. Please know that reviews such as yours helps encourage our employees in their duties. We will make sure to pass your words to Mr. Eric.