“Good stay, a bit overpriced.”

Days Inn & Conference Centre - Montreal Airport
Ranked #73 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
“Good stay, a bit overpriced.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Travelling to Montreal was okay.
I wouldn't say this hotel is terrible, but could definatly use a few adjustments.
For one the price for the distance to downtown was horrendous. ( taxi costs an arm and a leg)
Secondly, the fount desk staff were very passive, rude, and didn't really seem to want to please clients. Very grouchy old lady.
Third, my room was well, should i say attempted to be cleaned?! I found hairs on my blanket, and the remote for the television did not work. ( didnt feel like seeing reception again)
On a little lighter note, we ate at the restaurant, and found it quite decent. Did not care much for the decor.
Service was okay, not very talkative server.
Also the hours were not great and were kind of forced to go to the bar section.
Bar section is open later, which is nice.
The waitress was quite pleasant.
She spoke ver well english which was a bonus.
The rest of our stay we decided to eat dinner on the bar side, which made it way more plesent.
All in all it wasnt great wasnt bad bad.

• Stayed June 2013
super815530, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Conference Centre - Montreal Airport, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Customer,

Thank you for all the details about you stayed.

With your description we will meet the employee and make sure she understand the importance of a frontdesk clerk in a hotel. It should represent our image with a nice smile and willing to help our customers.

We do apologize and we hope to welcome you back in a near future

Lyne Malenfant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Andover, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

One of the reasons we chose this hotel was that it had a restaurant, when we arrived a sign said the hotel restaurant was closed for the two days before but it was still shut. We were told it would be open in the morning and it was, but was never again open in the five days we stayed there. Basically we stayed in a building site, everyday there was work going on in the entrance area…
The room was okay, but tended to be dusty, the area okay but the hotel was not as expected and a very poor example of the brand. When I was asked if I had enjoyed my stay, I said that the building work and lack of the restaurant had spoilt it and the young man who was the receptionist just shrugged his shoulders – my wife and I thought it seemed sum things up well
What a pity and most disappointing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Customer,

We are very sorry that you had to go through the renovation of our lobby. We thought that we won't have to close the restaurant for more than 2 days. Unfortunately it was not the case. We do apologize and hope to welcome you back a clean and renovated environnement.

Regional Supervisor
West Chester, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here twice. The first time was about a year ago and the hotel was undergoing renovations. Most recent was this week and the renovations still aren't done. Rooms weren't very clean (hairs on comforter), the bathroom lights had a wicked flicker, the chain lock on the door was busted, the Wi-Fi was slow and would randomly quit, and the workout room is poor.

On the plus side the breakfast options (not included) were tasty.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Customer,

We want to thank for sharing your experience at our hotel. We do apologize for the inconvenient cause by our renovations.

We expect to look better and hope to welcome you back in a clean environnement.

Regional Supervisor
Aurora, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I spent the May 24 weekend at this economical motel. Near the airport which is not an issue, but motel in the middle of extensive renovations which we did not know. Dust everywhere, unable to use main door some days due to laying of flooring at the main door. Must buzz to get out of parking lot (free parking) but if there is no one at the front desk, then you sit there and wait! Front desk staff pretty neutral ... not overly helpful.

Room was very simple, beds surprisingly comfortable (we slept like lambs). No opportunity to rent movies ... no onsite restaurant. If you're looking for somewhere just to sleep, then it's okay. Must have transportation to get anywhere. Hotel is about 10-12 km. from downtown Montreal.

Room Tip: Higher floor (3rd of 3 floors) is a bit quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
super815530, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Conference Centre - Montreal Airport, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Customer

Thank you for sharing you experience at our hotel. We are finishingt the renovation of the lobby and I do apologize for the inconvenience it brought you during your stay.

I would like if you can tell us the date you had stay with us because it is very important that the frontdesk people should be very helpful with our customer. Here is my email adress l.malenfanthotels@gmail.com

Thank you and I wish you a good day!

Regionale Supervisor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montreal
Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport
Hotel Dorval - Beausejour Apartments
Comfort Inn Aeroport
Comfort Inn Aeroport
#6 of 7 in Dorval

Been to Days Inn & Conference Centre - Montreal Airport? Share your experiences!