“STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!!!”

Days Inn & Conference Centre - Montreal Airport
Ranked #73 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
ottawa
“STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!!!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed there in August and the place is under total construction, there is dust and dirt everywhere! The elevator is disgusting and the carpet is smelly and gross! Everything in the hotel is covered in dust and dirt. I was told the construction would start at 10am and they started drilling at 6:30 am....having arrived late, I didnt get ANY sleep! We asked to be moved but were told there were no rooms available because half of the hotel is under construction. We saw the shuttle driver doing cleaning and driving???? The air conditioners are musty and I dont know when the last time they cleaned the filters?? The rooms were damp and dingy. The only good thing I can say about this hotel is the clerk at the front desk was very helpful.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank mtlgirl_02
super815530, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Conference Centre - Montreal Airport, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Customer,

We would like to thank you for your remarks. We are going under renovation, we are doing 91 new bahrooms and it is sure that it cause some issues. We are very sorry that you did get a good experience. The upcoming week it will be easier because we are closing the entire 2 floor and our customer won`t have to go through the renovation. They will be able to stay on the 1 st or 3rd floor.

I wish you a good day,

Regional Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Just finished a 3 night stay here and was very surprised. The place is going under renovations but the rooms that were done were very nice large and comfortable. The bedding was very soft and the pillows were just right. but that is subjective. I think they were Egyptian cotton?. The bed was comfortable also. The AC in the room worked very well. There was dust and some noise in the hall during the day but the nights were quiet, even though it is close to the airport you could hardly hear the planes and the concrete construction made it so you could not hear the people next door... Lisa at the front desk was very helpful and the drivers that picked us up and took us to the airport so we could rent a car one day were very friendly... The bar on site was small and very hot the ac did not seem to be working in there or in the dinning room, but was working great in the main lobby and halls. The staff in the Bar was very good. but the service in the restaurant was a bit slow and not very attentive. They did not ask to refill our drinks or check with us to see how the meals was... We only had breakfast there as we ate out in Old Montreal and downtown for the rest but that is another review. Overall though for the price we paid for the 3 night special @ 79.00 per night it was the best experience we have had at a hotel in that price range. It has easy access to the hi way and during the week there is a bus right across the street that takes you to the metro and you are downtown in 45 min's and the airport is only 15 mins away. There is plenty of room for tractor trailer and RV parking..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JR B
super815530, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Conference Centre - Montreal Airport, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear Customer,

I would like to thank you for taking time to write nice remarks about our Days Inn hotel. We are making renovation to make sure that our customer like our room and find them comfortable. You liked your experience and it makes me happy to hear that all our effort everyday is appreciate by our customer.

I wish you a nice day! and thanks again

My best regards

Regionale Supervisor

M
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I just had a terrible experience at the Days Inn, Montreal Airport. I booked a non-smoking room, arrived late last night from Vancouver and discovered the room was filled with cigarette smoke. My wife and I both have reactions to smoke and our lips, nostrils and eyes are still burning.

I asked the clerk to move us or give us our money back so we could go elsewhere but he did neither. We had another flight early this morning so we slept with cotton balls in our nostrils and tried to tough it out. We ended up leaving early for the airport because we couldn't sleep.

Also the hallways and elevator were dirty.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Don S
, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Conference Centre - Montreal Airport, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
We are very sorry to hear about you bad experience. We are a non-smoking hotel since early May and we are very sad to see that a previous custumer smoke in the room. I verify and we were fully book at the hotel and our employee offer you to bring you in our shuttle to another hotel and you decline the offer.

Again we do apologize.

Arkansas City, Kansas
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I was quite concerned about staying here due to the many poor reviews but due to the Grand Prix being in town and no availability we did not have much of a choice. We were pleasantly surpirsed. We arrived at 9:30 am after getting off the cruise ship and was able to get into our room at that time. We found the large room clean and quiet. We had wanted to be near the oldtown so it was not very convenient (arrived by cruise ship and left by Amtrak) but it worked. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Had increased the price considerably due to the week-end activities.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
super815530, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Conference Centre - Montreal Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
We would like to thank you for your nice review. We do appreciate your remark and are very concern to increase the quality of our service and product.

We are now remaking our bathrooms, most of the room will have a very nice bathroom with a nice shower.

Again thank you and hoping to welcome you back in a near future!

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We were given this hotel through Hotwire. Usually I am quite happy with the hotels Hotwire awards, but this was an exception.

1) Room had a strong damp musty odour that was impossible to get rid off. Windows do not open, so it was impossible to freshen the room up. I called the front-desk and they said the other rooms were the same, so there was no point in moving us. They said that there were issues with the air circulation and smell in rooms ever since the owner screwed all of the windows closed.

2) Pipes make banging noises, and if someone is having a shower in a room close to your you are pretty much guaranteed to get woken up.

3) The cleaning staff walked in on us at 8:30 AM in the morning without knocking. Apparently they thought we had checked out.

4) There was some kind of bulge sticking out of the lower wall from the bathroom. Not sure what caused this.

I have stayed in a number of Days Inn's and this is by far the worst that I have stayed at. If I had to say something positivie, it is the front-desk staff were nice, and the room was renovated. Recommend to stay away from this one...

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dan R
Canada
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We booked 2 rooms in Sep 2009 our room was good but the other room was smelling of smoke & our friends couldn't sleep though we said that we wanted non-smoking rooms. Otherwise everything was OK.

Room Tip: OK for the price
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank lorraineval
super815530, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Conference Centre - Montreal Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear Custumer,

Thank you for your review. Since the month of May 2012 our hotel is completely non smoking. I just notice that you review come from your stay in 2009. We do appreciate your remarks and hope to welcome you back soon.

my best regards,

Readfield, Maine
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I come to Montreal a few times a year on vacation because I love the city. I have stayed at many hotels all around the area, and this was my first time staying at the Days Inn in St. Laurent. The location of the hotel is good, but if you are a nervous driver, note that the hotel is positioned on a service road. People tend to take those service roads a bit fast. The hotel is quite large, and there is adequate parking (I'm guessing most of the time).

The good: The location of the hotel, as I mentioned, is decent and close to downtown Montreal as well as the airport. It is very close to shopping and there are loads of restaurants to choose from. The Baton Rouge is one of my favorites, and there are a couple of them close by. The coverage of the WiFi in the hotel is excellent; you will notice a WiFi access point (or hotspot) near most rooms. The hotel has a restaurant as well, and their food is pretty good. They do not offer a continental breakfast. The room I stayed in was clean and roomy, and they do have flat screen TVs that allow for HDMI and composite connections.

The bad: Maybe this was just my experience but... I booked this hotel through Priceline, and usually I never have a problem. The reservation I made was a pay-in-advance reservation. I would suggest not doing this unless the price of the hotel is phenomenal, because I had to leave the hotel early, and I was not reimbursed by either Priceline or the hotel.

The hotel was in the process of working on the roof. The first hotel staff member I spoke to put me in a room that was opposite the main parking area. Because the work was getting started, they mentioned the parking would not be available near the hotel. I was ok with that, but I wanted to be able to see my car from the hotel room. They said I could park on the other side of the hotel, and that's what I did. The next morning I got in my car and noticed that the area I was parked in was taped around as if that whole side of the hotel was off limits. I mentioned this to a second staff member; she told me they are doing the renovations, and I would have to park on another side of the building where I couldn't see my car. I was not happy about that, obviously. They made no offer to move me to the side where the parking was, and to top it all off, the renovations started right over my room. They started around 7AM (did I mention this was a vacation???). So, I had to leave and paid for two nights I didn't stay.

Also, they do not offer free local calls. They told me that this was a policy of Days Inn. When I called the corporate office, they told me they had no such policy. I know times are tough, but don't lie to me.

I have nothing against Days Inn; I have stayed at a few of them and have been totally satisfied with my stay. But I would be careful staying here. In fact, I don't recommend staying here until they change some of their policies and work with the people who pay to stay there.

Room Tip: Good rooms are as good as the hotel you stay in. The room I stayed in was a good room, but I ended u...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank MainframeSysop
super815530, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn & Conference Centre - Montreal Airport, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Dear Custumer,

Thank you for your review. We do appreciate your comment in regards that the room was clean and the good wifi internet. It is sure that when we booked in prepaid room the rate is lower but do not allow to modify your stay. We obligate you to park your car to the other site of the hotel because of the renovation of the roof and we did not want to damage your car. We should have change you the site of your room that you can look at your car. I think it was a misunderstanding because I feel that the employee did not unterstand your request.

We would appreciate if you can call us and make arrangement for your next stay with us. You can call Devine and he would be please to assist you.

Lyne Malenfant
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montreal
Holiday Inn Montreal Airport
#128 of 164 in Montreal
Comfort Inn Aeroport
Comfort Inn Aeroport
#5 of 7 in Dorval

Been to Days Inn & Conference Centre - Montreal Airport? Share your experiences!