“Huge rooms!”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Montreal
Ranked #34 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Nice, clean hotel with friendly staff. Rooms are huge! Very comfy bed and modern decor. No bathtub which I missed. Great location. Great for business travel. Ate at tge restaurant and had the Duck Confit as it was listed as regional cuisine - it wasn't anything special. They have a wine vending machine which is fun (but expensive).

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Severine B, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Geena S,

Thank you for your comments. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our renovated rooms and hotel location. Please note that you can request a room with a bathtub when you check-in, we will be happy to provide you one if available.

Our team is looking forward to your next visit and wishes you all the best.

Guest Service Manager
Delta Montréal

Write a ReviewReviews (1,740)

Reviewed January 8, 2014

While visiting my son at McGill in November, 2013, I decided to try the Delta. I booked through a third party site and secured a very reasonable rate. The room was large and modern with a terrace. The exercise area has adequate equipment, nice pool and dry sauna (always a nice amenity in a cold climate) The staff was pleasant and the men at the concierge desk were very helpful with dining and entertainment recommendations.

I decided to try the hotel spa (M Biospa) during my stay and cannot say enough about the staff. The hot stone massage and the deep tissue massage are recommended. As an added bonus, the spa permitted me 20 minutes on the oxygen machine after one of the massages.

One masseuse, Mireille, was so good at the deep tissue massage that I made a point of scheduling a second session with her when I returned for another visit last month.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AnonymousTraveler472

Hello AnonymousTraveler472,

We appreciate such detailed comments and thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our large room, gym, service staff and hotel spa. I will personally pass on the message to M Biospa about the good service you received from Mireille.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband, 11 year old son and I stayed at the Delta for 2 nights in early January. We attended a hockey game at the Bell Centre and ate at the Delta restaurants. Our room was very large with clean modern styling. It had a king size bed and a chaise lounge. The bathroom was also lovely with a large glass shower and modern appointments. Unfortunately it was -35C our first night and although we had a stunning view from the 21st floor, the room was cold. Even with the heater running all night, it was only 17C in our room by morning. My husband found this "Refreshing." I found it chilly and ran for the big shower. The next day, it was -12C outdoors and our room was perfectly warm and comfortable. We ate at the bar/restaurant for supper where we ordered the duck confit, veggie pizza, and seafood pasta. All 3 dishes were excellent. We had the buffet breakfast twice and it was also excellent.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank PGHalifax
Severine B, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear PGHalifax,

Thanks a lot for your wonderful review. We are glad to know that your expectations were exceeded. It’s really important for us to know that our spacious guest rooms and restaurant were to your complete satisfaction.

Please, accept our sincerest apologies in regard to the room temperature. Be assured we will address this issue without delay.

We hope to be your hosts again soon and we encourage you to continue giving feedback every time.

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I came for a night to get a break from everyday life. We just wanted a clean place to stay after a day of shopping.
It was exactly what we needed and expected. Room was clean, modern, appropriate. Service was friendly. Bed was cozy. Nice big tv.
I asked the front desk for an iPhone charger and they said they didn't have one. To my surprise the clock radio in the room was iPhone Dock so problem solved!
I guess my only complaint was that it would have been nice to have been told that the lobby is equipped with a pour your own wine vending machine!! We would have taken full advantage of that instead of settling for a vinegar bottle from the depaneur!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We chose the Delta because our usual hotel, Fairmont Queen Elizabeth, had been fully booked all rooms with two beds. And since we were visiting McGill University for a campus tour, the Delta was well situated. I had booked online at delta.com and chose an upgraded modeclub room with two queen beds. The first service mistake was when I arrived, they had put me in a king modeclub room.

The following is an email which I sent while I was staying there:

I am very disappointed that Delta Montreal did not honour my reservation of Nov9-11 in a Mode Club Room with 2 Queens. When I arrived the room was a King. This is not in my Delta Privilege profile as I always wish to have 2 beds. To best accommodate us, the front desk put us in room 1408 with Club privileges.

The room is not at all upgraded, which is why I must write. Since I paid for a Mode Club Room, there are a few amenities I paid for and did not receive: evening turn down service, bathrobes, Philosophy amenities, premium sheets. And of course the room had a smaller TV and no make up mirror.

Is the Delta Montreal in the habit of downgrading it's customers? I stayed at the Delta Fredericton, Delta Toronto without such problems. As a frequent traveller, I am used to the best quality service and I do not think I will recommend the Delta Montreal because of the reservation system. The front desk told me that they cannot guarantee the room type. This is ridiculous! I usually stay at the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth and came here because they did not have rooms with 2 beds available. At least they had the courtesy of letting me know.

Why did I pick and pay for what I did not receive? I would look forward to your response on how to make this situation better.

None of the emails I had sent to Bertil Fabre, Teresa Cafagna, Konti Tselembas, Sylvie Viens, Melanie Mercier, Annie Marcoux, Elisabeth Dauphinais and Isabelle Fontaine Caron were answered.

Two days later, I received a response from Luigi Mazzariello:

Thank you for taking the time to write to us about your recent stay. I am personally very sorry that we have disappointed you, but please be assured that your comments are important to us. Your feedback is very precious and helps us improve the quality of our service.
I can very well imagine the frustration you must have felt at time of check-in and throughout your stay.

With regard to not have honoured the room type you reserved, it clearly is not our standard to not honour what our guest reserve, I must say I am most surprised to read that our front desk agent said we can not guarantee room types but will definitely revise our policy and procedures at our weekly meeting. Mrs Peters, I do not want to find excuses, we did not honour your reservations, we tried to rectify the situation by offering access to the Mode Club Lounge, which is one of the advantages to reserve a Mode Club room but like you mentioned, many more benefits were missed.

In order to lessen your disappointment, we would like to refund your credit card the value of a Mode Club Room, 30$ plus tax per night and has well offer you a complimentary upgrade certificate for a Mode Club room on your next stay in Montreal.

I hope that I was able to address your concerns to your complete satisfaction. Our primary goal remains the well being and enjoyment of our guests. Our long list of repeat customers is the best testimony of our success. I would gladly send you a complimentary gift certificate. May you please confirm your mailing address so I can send your certificate.

Luigi Mazzariello
Directeur de la réception / Front Office Manager
Delta Montreal Hotel

Needless to say, to this day, 6 weeks later, I have not received a credit on my charge card and no gift certificate was sent to my home address which I had promptly sent the following day. So to add insult to injury THE DELTA MONTREAL ADDS LIES AND BROKEN PROMISES on top of its BAD SERVICE.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank merlin888
Severine B, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear Merlin888,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. Your feedback is of the utmost importance as it provides insight in order for us to improve the quality of our services.

Please, accept our most sincere apologies on behalf of the Delta Montréal in regard to this unfortunate situation.Be assured that we already reviewed your comments with all of our team.
I believe our hotel manager already contacted you on January 3rd concerning this matter.

Thanks again for sharing your feedback and do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other concerns.

Delta Hotel.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

The Delta is an excellent choice for downtown. The property is very well maintained and the beds are FABULOUS. The staff are very attentive and seem to genuinely care about your comfort.My room had a nice balcony, a wonderful thing to have, mine overlooked the mountain...gorgeous. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank SharonMcRae
Severine B, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Hello Sharon,

Thanks a lot for your wonderful review. We are glad to know that your expectations were exceeded. It’s really important for us to know that our property location and spacious guest rooms were to your complete satisfaction.

See you soon

Reviewed December 19, 2013

The bed was comfortable, and the room was clean. All the staffs were friendly and gave us big help during the stay. We can go anywhere by walk. The location is perfect, and it's almost at the central of the town. It's about 10 mins by walking to China town, old-Montreal and the old port. I'd like to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Severine B, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Bing L.,