“Solid”

Ranked #31 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Lucerne, Switzerland
“Solid”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Have been booked here for a business trip which I extended with a leisure weekend. After reading some reviews my expectations have not been very high but after staying here myself must say a solid hotel, nice rooms and a greatlocation.
Had a very big rooms and room was completely refurbished. It seems that all rooms are refurbished in the meanwhile.
What I like very much about the hotel is that every room has a balcony which is good to get some real fresh air in the room instead of always having to use the airconditioning. Traveling quite much but I see that rarely in North America or Asia in a big city.
What I liked too is that the bathroom does have a handshower and not such a built in the wall shower.
Staff was friendly. Hotel lobby like 1000 other lobbies in the world. All in all would stay here again,

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Korean first
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Worst Internet connection in years, crappy SD TV, crappier cable service, crooked room layout, old carpet, and wall art that looks like the owner framed his bad black and white photos. This is at best a motel 6 in a high rise. Great location so plan to stay out.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Severine B, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Montreal, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Joaquindapark,

Thank you for sharing your comments. Please accept my most sincere apologies for all the inconveniences you experienced during your stay.

I do take your comments very seriously and will send you a private message in order to discuss and have your input regarding this situation.

Karine . B
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed at the Delta Montreal one night last week on business. Check-in process was easy, and Nancy at the front desk was very attentive. Had a nice room, 1905, that was one of the more unusual room configurations I have seen. It had a long (for a hotel) hallway that turned a slight corner and ended in a lagre room with 2 queen beds. Not all of the room were configured this way as I saw a colleague's on the 7th floor that was more traditional. My room had a balcony (I think they all do) that had some great views. Bed was comfortable and the room was clean. I would recommend the hotel for a stay in the area. Had dinner at Belagio one block away and it was quite good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Severine B, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Montreal, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Scuba-SSG,

Thanks a lot for your review. We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Be assured your comment will be shared with Nancy. It means a lot to us to hear from satisfied customers and it makes us strive to always do better.

We are looking forward to your next visit to our city.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My husband and I were very pleased with our stay at this Delta hotel. The customer service was absolutely first-class, the room was large, comfortable and clean, and the location is wonderful. We have stayed here before when visiting Montreal and have always had a good experience. We want to thank the staff at the Delta Montreal for a very pleasant hotel. We will absolutely book here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Severine B, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Montreal, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay with us. We were glad to hear that you were pleased with our pleasant staff, clean guest rooms and property location. Your comments will be shared with our team.

It was our pleasure to have you here and we look forward to your next stay.

Karine.B
Boylston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My wife and I were both very impressed with this hotel especially over the size of the room and bathroom. The hotel was very modern and clean and the buffet breakfast was outstanding. We were on a nine day tour of eastern Canada and stayed in several hotels but the Delta Montreal was the best by far. The concierge and the front desk staff went out of their way to offer their assistance.

The beds were extremely comfortable. A great choice for a visit to Montreal.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We thank you very much for your review of the Delta Montréal Hotel. We are happy to know that your stay was wonderful as it is most encouraging to all our team. We will make sure to pass on the word to our concierge team.

We hope to see you soon on your next visit to our city.

Kingwood
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I read a lot of reviews regarding this hotel. I'd have to say it was a very nice stay. Although there was construction going on, the balcony was double doored so once the doors were closed, you didn't hear anything. I mean it was peaceful! The only down fall I could see was there is not a refrigerator or a safe in the room. There are a countless amount of amenities: Starbucks, several restaurants, cordless phone, very professional and friendly staff, Beauty and Barbara shop, racket ball court, gym, pool, spa, daycare, etc... not to mention its in the heart of the city and the subway is right up the street. You can leave your car parked in the on-site garage and get a subway all day pass for $9. How awesome is that?? This hotel was awesome!!

Room Tip: 17th floor has a spectacular view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Tamieko B,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are happy to read you have enjoyed your stay with us and that everything was to your entire satisfaction. It is to mention that the mini-bar can be requested at $20.00+taxes per stay. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to having you back as our guest.

jscarlett
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I checked into Delta Montreal for 3 days and simply had just the best time. The location is the BEST and very close to everything (There is even a Starbucks across the street) Once I got into my room, I was really surprised how large the rooms were, and I was lucky enough to book a room with a balcony that looks over the downtown skyline. It was just simply amazing! Beyond the nice rooms and excellent location, the service that I received was so amazing that Delta Montreal is my go-to hotel while in Montreal.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jscarlett
Severine B, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Montreal, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Jscarlett,

Thank you for reviewing our property at TripAdvisor.com. I am happy to know that you fully enjoyed your stay. Indeed, we are very close to attractions and must do activities in downtown Montreal.

We are glad to know that you will be coming back.

See you soon !