“Amazing overall!”

Ranked #31 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing overall!”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed here over New Year's Eve and the couple of days leading up to it. We booked last minute because of a misunderstanding at another hotel, and they were extremely accommodating. Not to mention, the room we were given was newly renovated, modern and spacious. The concierge service here was also incredible, and they helped us figure out our New Year's plans with great success. They were really friendly, knowledgable and helpful. This hotel is also in a great location. We have no complaints, the entire stay here was flawless and very exemplary of all my trips staying at a Delta.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Severine B, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Montreal, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

WOW such a pleasure to read our customer service was outstanding! Be assured I will pas along your comments to all our team. Delta Montréal team is looking forward to your next stay and thanks you for your great feedback. Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Korean first
Henniker, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We have been to Montreal quite a few times over the years. In fact, it has been about 4 times in the past year or so. We have stayed someplace different each time and we just found the best place: Delta Hotel on Kennedy Ave. It was a short walk to McGill University and is in the heart of downtown. The staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly. It was beautiful and conmfortable. And it had great rates, especially considering the quality and location. We will definitely stay there again, especially if they keep their rates so affordable. (Be sure to check the AAA rates.) You will be hard pressed to find a better hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room. Ours had a great balcony with nice views of the city. Be sure to check AAA ra...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Severine B, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Montreal, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many-many thanks for your amazing feedback following your recent stay with us. We are very happy and proud to know that you and your family really enjoyed our property.

We do look forward to see you back soon !

Montreal
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed 2 nights in January 2013 :

On the first night, just before going to sleep, I see a bug crawling slowly on my pillow. I tried flushing it in the sink and it was resisting the water... wow!... so I flushed it in the toilet bowl.

The next morning, I left my room early in the morning and returned later in the afternoon and my room was freezing. The cleaning lady had shut off the heat (it is winter time in Montreal). So I turned it back on and it took a while before the room reached a normal temperature. My kidneys were suffering from the cold and I went to the bathroom quite a few times. To the cleaning lady, please do not turn off the heat, but simply lower it if you find it is too high when you are cleaning the room.

On my last day, I call Room Service at 6:30 AM to order breakfast and the lady on the phone tells me that they start the service at 7:30 AM and that I should call back in 1 hour. I tell her that the Room Service Booklet says that the meals are served daily starting at 6:30 AM and she says that is during the week only and that on the weekends it starts at 7:30 AM. I knew something was wrong. So I decide to wait, but I can tell you that my vision was starting to blur and I was very hungry.

I called back at 7:30, ordered my breakfast and when the waitress brought it to my room, I asked her what time they start the In Room Service and she said 6:30 AM. That's when my heart took a beating, I was frustrated because I had waited 1 full hour to order and I was very hungry.

OK, I did get a credit on my bill for all the trouble, but will I be going back ? Let's just say that I will leave them a second chance and that everyone makes mistakes.

I will post anothe review on my second visit later this year.

Cheers!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Canada
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights during the Fall. I usually stay in a different hotel when in Montreal but this was the conference hotel. I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel, especially the newly renovated room - I was assigned a corner unit which was big enough enough to allow me to use my yoga mat, and the layout of the room (including the lighting) was quite nice. Only a couple of small issues: the bathtub / shower drain was not functioning particularly well; the toilet flush was so strong and loud that I jumped when I used it the first time; the TV was situated in a way that made it really hard to watch from the bed unless you sitting at the end of the bed; wifi was spotty in the room - there was no reception on one side of the bed. The front desk staff, the fitness attendant and the convenient store clerk were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Severine B, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Montreal, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor.com. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms.
We wish you an happy new year and we wait you for a next time in Montréal!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 8, 2012

These rooms are real spacious even the bathrooms are big, the beds comfy and a quiet location. It's also close to the centre and it's got a great internet connection. I had the continental breakfast here and it was delicious, great cheese and delicious fruit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Severine B, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Montreal, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your comment! We was thrilled to read your recent stay with us was really fantastic! It is most encouraging to know and it makes us strive to always do better. Thank you very much for your support.

We hope to see you back soon!

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed here one night following a work trip. This room was booked as one of Delta's last minute deals and so the price was right and booking was easy. I got a room with a king sized bed on the 17th floor and it had a decent, if not somewhat obstructed, view of the city. The check in process was very quick.

The only negative part about my stay was that when I got into the room, there did not appear to be any light switch other than the one in the entrance. It meant I had to walk all the way in in the dark just to turn on a light. Once I did, I saw that the room was clean and well set up. It was especially well set up for work with a large desk and cables to plug into the TV and internet. The room was also very large and appeared to have been recently renovated.

I had a good night's sleep and would recommend this hotel if you need a place to stay right in town and close to McGill.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Severine B, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Montreal, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for the great review of our property. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. For your information, all our rooms are newly renovated.

Feel free to follow us on Facebook or Twitter!

We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you soon at the Delta Montréal hotel.

Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We were in Montreal for a convention. Stayed in a king bedroom on the 7th Floor, a nicely laid out unit, with newer bathroom fittings, and tech workstation. Wifi is free and available with the room. Self parking with entrance off President Kennedy avenue, is about $23 per night with in and out privileges. There is a balcony, north facing Sherbrooke Street. There appears to be a couple of entrances to hotel but only the President Kennedy's entrance is accessible. The rest were locked. One of the night stand power outlet was not working so I couldnt charge my mobile. Bed was lumpy, and seemed overused. It needed to be replaced. My back was and still is sore from sleeping on such an old mattress which no longer provided any support for my back. Location is great, with nearby supermarket on Park Avenue, as well, Ste Catherine street shopping and restaurants. Adjacent hotels are Holiday Inn, Hilton Garden, and L'appartement Hotel located on Sherbrooke Street.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Severine B, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Montreal, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing your comments on tripadvisor.com. We are pleased to read you were really happy with the hotel location and amenities. We are terribly sorry our bedding did not meet your expectations. Just for your informations, Delta invested close to $20 million this fall in a full renovation of our guestrooms and all the king and queen bed are new.

I do hope you get an opportunity to stay here again in the future as I am sure your experience will be much better.

Regards,