“Good hotel in downtown Montreal”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Montreal
Ranked #30 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Toronto, Canada
“Good hotel in downtown Montreal”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Very good location in downtown Montreal, within 15-minutes' walking distance of the railway station, close to shopping, restaurants, and attractions. When I made my reservation the standard rooms had all been booked so I took the large, deluxe room with a king-size bed (I also had a choice of 2 queen-size beds for the same price). The room was nice and clean, with a large bathroom fully equipped with glass-enclosed shower, complimentary soap, bath gel, lotion, shampoo and conditioner, hair dryer and bathrobe. Radio, large flat-screen TV, "smart" desk with all necessary connections, a special area to lay out luggage, and good-sized closet with plenty of hangers and shelves, and a coffee maker. A comfortable, clean bed. Room service was prompt although they did forget to include toast with my omelette. There is a restaurant in the hotel which serves breakfast/brunch but not dinner, and a bar which has a limited menu for light meals throughout the afternoon and evening. Check-in and check-out were prompt and courteous. All in all a wonderful stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Sonja B
Severine B, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Montreal, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. We always appreciate such detailed comments and do thank you very much for you lovely review and for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Feel free to follow us on Facebook or Twitter!

We hope to host you again for your next visit in Montreal!

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Korean first
Prince George, B.C.
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Me and my college stayed at the Delta Montreal from October 7th to 12th.
I liked my room and how clean it was very much. The internet access did not work and we had to sit in the lobby to send our business mail. I did not like that. Talked also to Deltas tech support about it. No solution was available.
The hotel is very central located and the concierge organized trips for us. I found everyone very friendly and professional.
The little restaurant on the main floor has wonderful lunch and dinner. Service was wonderful.
The breakfast was a total surprise, served on the 23rd floor with great view and a good cup by cup coffee machine, but unbelievable bad food. Especially the cooked eggs were only a faint reminder of eggs, tasteless. Dried out bread and tasteless cheese slices are not part of a good start to my day. This would be so easy to change. The quality did not reflect the price I paid at all. Very disappointing.
The pool is closed between 10 and 11 Am and 2 and 3 PM. I was told that the clerk has to take a break, but I saw them eating a full meal there later when it was open. So, someone gave me false information.
The spa inside the hotel deserves a very bad review, because the spraytan I received went wrong. My feet looked dirty for days and so did my hands. It was almost funny, but the fact that I had to pay for it made it a bit harder.I showed it to the manager and I apparently received a rebate on my facial, but could not find it on the bill. I would not use the spa there again for sure. The only luxurious thing about it is the price.
As a Delta Privilege Member I would like to suggest to make breakfast eatable, spa enjoyable and professional and amenities accessible.

1 Thank archfor
Severine B, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Montreal, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are terribly sorry to read you didn’t like your spa experience and the breakfast was not to your convenience. Please accept our most sincere apologies in this regard. We will review your comments with the persons in charge and the issues mentioned will be duly addressed.

Should anything arise relating to your stay with us the next time, please do not hesitate to contact our Client Services Manager on duty. We will be very happy to accommodate you and offer you all kind of assistance.

We are looking forward to your next visit to our city.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 28, 2012

For a grand looking hotel, it was average. No wireless, only ethernet. Initially they put me in a room with no wireless or ethernet and beside an engine room that shook the room. I requested a move, which they did. Why it is a room I do not know. TV was accent. Room was "okay", but not what you expect from a major hotel. I noticed they are in midst of renovating to the 21st Century. Parking my rental was extremely painful as they had limited parking and it was hit or miss if you can get a spot. Location was okay, it is at the foot of city so everything is uphill. People were friendly service was quick.

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your comments. We do feel sorry that our property didn’t meet your expectations and I am really surprised as this does not reflect the level of service we are known for.

We hope to have the privilege to host you once again and to show you the high quality of service the Delta Hotels are known.

St. John's, Canada
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Awesome location in downtown Montreal. Close to shopping and arts attractions. The staff were attentive, helpful, and friendly. The best part about this hotel is that the rooms have been recently renovated. The decor was like something you'd see out of a modern design magazine. Absolutely beautiful, clean and comfortable. The rooms are equipped with all kinds of multimedia hook-ups. Nothing is left undone. Excellent housekeeping services as well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Stephanie L
Severine B, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Montreal, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are happy to know our room quality and our staff is to your convenience! Thanks a lot for your motivating feedback and we hope to see you back soon on your next trip to Montréal!

Kind regards
Toronto
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed at the Delta Montreal for 7 days this month and overall a terrific experience! Check in was great, front desk was very pleasant and could tell I had been travelling and got through the process very quickly. Only annoying thing with the check in was I asked what time room service was open until as I had just travelled several hours and was hungry and was told "its on the restaurant card in your key packet" Why not just answer the question?

The room itself was the BEST I've had while travelling on business. It would seem every detail had been carefully thought out to make sure these rooms have everything you need.

Some Highlights of the rooms:

-HUGE desk - unlike marriott actually had the cables for connection to the TV (not just ports) There was HDMI, A/V, VGA, Co-ax. Very impressive.
-A raised area for you to put your luggage on when unpacking (I hate having to throw it on the bed)
-Very comfortable beds with reading lights and a beside clock radio
-Balconies (these are great but are really dirty and dingy looking ... something that should really be included in the housekeeping lists.)
-Bathroom - stand up glassed in shower, huge vanity with shelving
-Great closet space with shelving
-Sliding TV tray for the chair
-The room was always spotlessly cleaned (except the balcony)

When I arrived to the room I would say was my most impressed moment of the trip. The room smelled great and the lights were on for me, also they had the clock radio playing some light jazz music. This was a very nice touch.

The restaurants I cant say are as good as the rooms. The breakfast buffet was a huge disappointment for me. For a $20 breakfast buffet I expect certain things, first off the buffet is very small and cramped with not a lot of options, the hot food area is covered by cheesy looking plastic covers that are all different colours and some have melted areas on them. But the selection isn't what really bothered me. If you're going to have a $20 breakfast buffet with crap food at least make up for it with service. Every time I came I had cold coffee, the servers were always quick to bring the coffee but that's where the service ends. No offer for a glass of juice whatsoever, (really at $20 I have to go to the buffet half way through eating my plate to get a glass of juice?!, and even when you ask they say "its on the buffet") Also at the price, linen napkins would be nice instead of paper ones. Overall, I do NOT reccomend the breakfast buffet, which is a shame because Delta breakfasts are usually great.

Room service was very quick but it seems no one ever answers the phone, you always have to leave a message and wait 10 minutes for them to call you back. The service in room service was great otherwise but the food was aweful... like some of the worst food I've had in a hotel.

Was disappointed in housekeeping service times as well. I was working in my hotel room for half the week and just opted for no service the first 2 days, but on the third day just wanted some fresh towels and for the garbage to be emptied. So I called down at about 11:00am and informed the front desk I was going to leave the room for a couple hours so it could be made up. She confirmed there would be someone coming to the room shortly. I went out for 4 hours to come back to a room that hadn't been touched. i called back down and once again asked for service, this time I stayed in the room and waited before leaving, it took housekeeping another hour to come to my room. I feel when I'm spending $2500 for a week in a hotel and only asking for service 3 times, this should be done a little faster than 5.5 hours after the request. Same thing happened but slighly shorter wait 2 days later as well. I should note that once housekeeping did come they always did an amazing job making up the room!!

Overall this hotel is beautiful with great rooms, BUT, rooms dont make up for service, especially in a Delta. I would reccomend this hotel to others but beware of the restaurants.

Dear guest,

We are glad to know that you enjoyed our renovated rooms and we thank you for your comments. Please, accept our most sincere apologies in regard to the quality of the breakfast and the housekeeping service. Be assured we will address this issue without delay.

We hope to have the pleasure to host you again and invite you to contact us if we can be of any assistance.

Kind regards,
Gatineau, Qc
Reviewed October 12, 2012

First I would like to mention that all the rooms were recently renovated and they are very nice. Service was excellent, we were give a small corner room and when we asked at the reception to get a better room we were transferred to a superior room right away (no additional charge).

Also would like to mention that staff are very honest. I forgot my expensive watch at the swimming pool area and when I went the next day I was told that the concierge had kept it aside.

The only problem was with the jacuzzi as the water was way too hot. I stayed just a couple of minutes and my skin was very red (burned)...

Room Tip: Try the weekend breakfast buffet, it's expensive but very well worth it.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Severine B, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Montreal, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We are glad to know that you fully enjoyed your stay!

We are sorry to read that your expectations regarding the temperature of the Jacuzzi were not met. Be assured that your comment was sent to our team to ensure that the problem is resolved.

We hope to welcome you again during your next visit to Montreal.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We picked this hotel because we've lived in montreal downtown before Delta is situated the perfect location. Its convenient location to grocery stores up on Sherbrooke to Provigo, Marche Lobo (middle eastern store), Cinema on Parc which is a mall that has a small foodcourt and shops including Metro, Uniprix,post office, Eden (organic).... many more. Also Delta is walking distance to 2 different metro stations which really don't make difference because its the same color line but we are happy enough for that.

As for the rooms, Delta just had renovated and although its not really big room, the design is really smart for storing your luggage and items whether in room or the washroom.

They have complimentary Nabob 1 cup coffee in room but as a die hard coffee drinker, the coffee offered really not very good, so every morning we walked over to Van Houtte coffee just down the street, on 359 President Kennedy about 2-4 mins walk from the hotel.

What we are not happy about is there isn't in room safe where you can store your laptops and passports when you out, and theres no mini fridge you can store your drinks to keep cold. Last of all, they don't offer slippers which is quite important to me.

The whole experience was really good up until when we checked out and need concierge to store our bags. We were really taken aback by his rough tone and make us feels like we are bothering him. Well, I guess we were because we needed him to help us store our bags. Anyhow, all and all was really good just wished we finished off with high notes.

Room Tip: Theres no in room safe nor mini fridge bar. We were told if we need to store our stuff in safe it wi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shsq
Severine B, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Montreal, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear value guest,

We really want to thank you for sharing with us your comments following your stay. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay.

For you information, the safe are available free of charge at the frondesk and the mini-fridges are obtainable in our Mode Club rooms free of charge and upon request in the other types of rooms at $20.00 per stay. In addition, for a die hard coffee drinker, starbuck coffee will be available soon at the delta hotel restaurant.

We are looking forward to the privilege to host you on your next visit to our city.