“avoid like the plague”

Alacoque Bed & Breakfast Revolution
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montreal
Alacoque Bed & Breakfast Revolution
Ranked #98 of 144 Montreal B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I boked this b and b for two people for two nights. When my friend had to cancel due to a family emergency, he refused saying he never allows the first night to be cancelled and that subsequent nights require 72 hours notice. This put me on my guard as the police was unusual and harsh in my experience. When I arrived, the entrance was shabby, the carpet on the dark and narrow staircase filthy and the whole place smelled of needing to be stripped and cleaned if not painted from stem to stern. My room looked ok but old and rickety. I could not imagine sitting on the bed much longer let alone sleep in it. So I decided to leave and even though it was getting late in the afternoon, to look for another place. The owner had vanished even though I checked the garden, rang the front door etc so I locked the door and left. For this I was billed $317.83!!!!!!!1 Need I say more.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank COUNTESS14

Reviewed July 27, 2011

The location is beyond great - we walked to everything. Just perfect! THAT is the reason to stay at this B&B. It IS old and pretty dowdy and the owner is definitely ODD. But put that aside and the location along with the price is ideal! Use it as your home base, not to hang around in. Go out and explore Montreal and have a convenient and affordable location to sleep at night.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lovetovisit1
Reviewed July 14, 2011

The B&B owner/host is dour and really doesn't get customer service. We had a basement room without much appeal at $110 per night. Not a disaster, but not at all a memorable B&B experience.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank raird
revolutionMontreal, Manager at Alacoque Bed & Breakfast Revolution, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Hight season at $ 110.00 each night is normal price for the location and services. This is true this is not a 4 stars hotel. It is a small B&B.

Reviewed June 19, 2011

Our first visit to Montreal was to the Alacoque B&B on St Urbain. The hospitality we were met with was great. The rooms have lots of charm and were exactly what we were looking for. It was great value for being just a few blocks from Old Montreal and 1 block from the metro. We got everywhere in the city we wanted to go and had a comfortable home base. The breakfast conversation was different each day with people from all over the world. We look forward to our next visit. Merci Bien

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Mijnagaf
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Excellent location ,near métro , walking to every where and in a very french district.
Host Mr. Christian is affable and tells excellent stories.
Break-fast is served in an elegant dining room and one meets visitors from all over the planet. Christian bakes the croissants and the pain au chocolat and ground his coffee beans.

When weather allows it, the terrace offers offers an oasis of calm while looking at the venerable maple tree.

We stayed 12 days - except for 2 days spent in Québec ville - and it felt like "our" flat;
We had the room named "Fernandel" - a beloved french comic - the only room with 2 beds and private bath.

I enjoyed the stay very much and certainly would return.

M

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Michparis
Reviewed July 31, 2010

Stayed here four nights....ammenities were great - the house is unique and offers great atmosphere.
Christian and Peter welcomed us warmly and we felt very 'at home and comfortable'.

A great location, close to transit and walking distance to a lot of Montreal's 'must see' spots.

Make sure you look at the bowl collection on the wall!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wellucy
Reviewed April 11, 2010

Hip, homey, comfortable, accommodating, and funky (in a good way.). I very much enjoyed my stay here. The location is pretty central to everything. Christian is a cool, relaxed host, and the vibe is groovy but comfy. It felt like staying at a place designed by Ted Nugent and Julia Child. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple