“Superb special exhibit - Scandal”

Centre d'Histoire de Montreal
Book In Advance
More Info
$90.91*
and up
Montreal Attraction Pass
Ranked #63 of 421 things to do in Montreal
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in a former fire station, this museum explores Montreal's history from the 1600s to the present.
Reviewed January 21, 2014

The special exhibit Scandal is a must-see! The staff did an extraordinary job of presenting the story Montreal from 1940-1960 during the time of US prohibition, This is a part of history that often gets overlooked, but such an interesting period. The audio visuals are captivating.
I was disappointed in the permanent exhibit as there was way too much reading of insignificant facts and seemed disjointed even though it was arranged by period. I would have liked summaries stating the important facts that I could delve into more if I wished. I do like to spend time reading museum placards but I don't have time to read a whole history book. I will be sure to check out the temporary visits in the future and hope they are as well done as Scandals.

3  Thank jandmVermont

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stacy and I spent about an hour visiting the Centre d'Histoire de Montreal on 27 September (2013). This is a great place to spend an hour that will help you learn the wonderful heritage of Montreal.

4  Thank Jim L
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

If you're interested in the history of Montreal, this is a must-see! It's also quite affordable at $6 for an adult ticket. The permanent exhibit tells the story of the city up to modern times. It's very well-designed and engaging! I actually liked it better than Point a Calliere. The temp exhibit was under construction when we were there but looked really interesting too.

1  Thank Emily V
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I loved this museum. The exhibits are so well put together. I really felt that I got a strong understanding of the history of Montreal. They take you from the Iroquois to current times in such an interesting way. Very well done. I knew so little about the history of the area and I felt that I was so informed once I left. Should definitely be on your list for Old Montreal.

1  Thank texan00
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We spent the afternoon there and were very impressed with both the permanent and temporary exhibitions. The informaiton was presented in many different ways to shake it up a little and the artifacts and explanations and videos were excellent. My 10 year old didn't even say she was bored!

1  Thank Deanna M