All reviewsgold floortrain stationjohn lennonartisan marketrecent renovationsnewly renovated hotelplace ville marieclassic hotelmajor renovationunderground shoppingold montrealcrepessmall bathroombeautiful hotelregular roomchange roomsnespresso machine
Reviewed August 11, 2018

Accommodating and friendly staff. Room 1222 with view overlooking the Cathedrale Marie-Reine du Monde. Room was adequate but with yesterday's style and character. Dining service in Rosey's was rather slow.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
FairmontQueenE, Manager at Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Dear Marietta S - We're glad to know you enjoyed your visit, especially the friendliness of the colleagues. That said we're sorry the service at the restaurant was slow and please know we have shared your comment with the restaurant manager. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future. Kind regards.

Reviewed August 11, 2018

Such a beautiful hotel. Courteous staff. The room was extremely comfortable and very clean. The location is perfect with easy access to the train station and lots of restaurants. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Montreal!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com

Dear psychobarb - We're delighted to know you thoroughly enjoyed your visit from the service offered by the colleagues to the central location hotel. We sure hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future. Warm regards.

Reviewed August 11, 2018

My husband and I took the train to Montreal and were so very pleased and surprised by how amazing this hotel was. It is a classic. The room was amazing and we had customer service that took care of our every need. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was 60's retro abstract. They also have a John/Yoko suite.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kellie G
FairmontQueenE, Manager at Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2018

Dear Kellie G - We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and we're delighted to hear you had an amazing time. We sure hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future. Warmest regards.

Reviewed August 10, 2018

I stayed here for three nights this week and loved it. It was a little tricky finding the hotel from the Gare Central following late-arriving VIA Rail train. The check in and out were super smooth and the staff was great. Although my room was a tad bit small, it hit all the needs with a room safe, robes, Nespresso coffee maker, and bathroom amenities. The curtain did a great job of keeping all light out of the room. It also was very quiet as we had some rough storms, but I never heard any thunder or rain overnight. I had a view of the cathedral across the street, which was a nice touch. The TV was good and I was able to set it to come on at 5:00 AM the last morning as a wake up option. I never had to wait for an elevator as there were 8 and they seemed to be right there every time I pushed the button. The only drawback for me was the disappointment of seeing FoxNews on the channel lineup. I came to Canada to escape lies and had heard that it was not permitted in Canada due to the lies that it spews. Between the elevator bank and the front desk was a shop called "Artisans" and it had several eating options as well as a lot of things you could buy to take home with you. Much of the food to eat was cooked to order at food stations. There also was a coffee shop and a bra and I am sure they were top notch as a lot of people were in them. I did not get to Rosely's so I cannot comment on it, except to say that it is a fine dining restaurant and has some good reviews of its own. It is nice that it is pet friendly as well. Being connected to the underground city is a real perk, especially in inclement weather. I walked MILES through it, seeing lots of stores and shops. I hope to get back someday and am scratching my head at the negative reviews that have been assigned to this clasic hotel.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo

Dear Sliphorn - Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback with us. We're delighted to know you very much enjoyed your visit from the connection of the hotel with the underground city to the comfort and amenities of your guestroom and the Artisans Market. We sure hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future. Kind regards.

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at the QE a few times over the past two decades. In the past two months I have had the good fortune of staying three times for a few days each. I have tried the Gold floor, the regular rooms and the suites and I think this most recent renovation has been great at updating this old gem.

The service is always exceptional although at busy times it would be better to have a few more people at the front desk.

The staff are friendly, the bell staff and concierge are extremely helpful and the location is excellent for activities in old Montreal or to visit downtown and the McGill/Concordia area.

I will definitely be staying here again.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family

Dear aup231 - We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us further to your numerous visits over the past few years. We're delighted to hear your experiences are always most pleasant and that service is exceptional. Rest assured your appreciation will be shared to the different teams. Thank you for your loyalty to Fairmont and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Warmest regards.